Respected Contributor

Re: Where in the heck is the sun?

@Bri21 wrote:

In Chicago, it peeked out for about an hour.  It was so nice to see it - even for a short time.   I detest the dreary days   Once in a while, it's okay - but not day after day 

@Bri21

Chicago suburbs here and YES I saw that sun shine! I was so happy. Hour later back to gray.......better than -15 BUT we need sun. 

Respected Contributor

@Bri21 wrote:

In Chicago, it peeked out for about an hour.  It was so nice to see it - even for a short time.   I detest the dreary days   Once in a while, it's okay - but not day after day 

@Bri21

Chicago suburbs here and YES I saw that sun shine! I was so happy. Hour later back to gray.......better than -15 BUT we need sun. 

Respected Contributor

We had sun in Iowa. And parts of the state reached 50. Where is winter? 

Valued Contributor

I am shipping it to you from Pembroke Pines Fla. There maybe a delay due to the bad weather in your area. I also misplace the tracking number. Woman Wink Wishes you much happiness and the sunshine is on the way.

Respected Contributor

We rarely see the sun in western Michigan during the winter. Rarely. It has been warmer than normal the past few days though. Several golf courses in the area are opening today for at least the weekend. It'll be too sloppy to walk so we'll have to take a cart, but even so, I plan to play. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I miss it too, had a couple of blue sky cloudless days recently and it felt so good. Every winter I tell myself I need one of those light boxes and I still don't have one.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Here in Indiana we have had above-normal temps, but a ton of rain and no sun!  When they tell you it's going to be 59 degrees you think - ahhhh warmth (for this time of year)- but no, cloudly, overcast, rainy.  Suppose to have 60+ weather this weekend - but I'm not sure we will have any sun with it.  Has anyone besides Florida seen the sun lately?

I'm w/you!!  I am in Ohio and recuperating from pneumonia that started a couple days before Christmas, admitted to hospital on C.mas day for 12 days and this cloudy, blah, damp weather is no help at all!!

Even a peek of sun would help.  I have a long road ahead of me, but, I still thank God that I am at home and not in a nursing home somewhere!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Winter Graphic #15

It's on it's way...........

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein