Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where in the heck is the sun?

Cool and cloudy where I am too. It wouldn't be so bad if the sun was shining. The cool air has a dampness to it that goes right thru me.

Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

As a fellow Hoosier, I'd much rather have the sun and warmer temps but I'll take cloudy, rainy & 60 degrees any day over snow and cold temps.  I hate the winter and would move south in a heartbeat if I could.

@shoptilyadropagain - I wish I would have bought a house or condo in Florida in 2008 when the bottom dropped out - I'd be there all winter long!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

AK has many cloudy, foggy days.  Although it's been sunny yesterday and today, the temp right now is -8 and will drop to -17

through late night hours.  Last week we got about 12" of snow.  I'd take clouds and rain and warm weather any day.  My son brought over groceries so I wouldn't have to go out in this bitter cold.  So grateful and blessed💕  I'm  glad to say that I'm planning a trip to warmer weather soon!

Honored Contributor

According to our local weather, we set a record yesterday for a high temp of 61. 

I detest the nonstop rain and cloudy.  Personally, I'd rather have snow than the rain.

Valued Contributor

Asked myself this question this morning. No Sun in South Central PA, but they are saying tomorrow sunshine and in the 50's. One can only hope!!!

Honored Contributor

I lived in Henderson, NV for 13 years and got really tired of the intense sun even in the winter.  Now I'm in Chicago and I'm not complaining about the clouds and rain.  I will if it snows but so far so good.

Valued Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Here in Indiana we have had above-normal temps, but a ton of rain and no sun!  When they tell you it's going to be 59 degrees you think - ahhhh warmth (for this time of year)- but no, cloudly, overcast, rainy.  Suppose to have 60+ weather this weekend - but I'm not sure we will have any sun with it.  Has anyone besides Florida seen the sun lately?

We have it in Florida.It's nice, but unnaturally warm.

Valued Contributor

In Chicago, it peeked out for about an hour.  It was so nice to see it - even for a short time.   I detest the dreary days   Once in a while, it's okay - but not day after day 

Honored Contributor

Except for one gorgeous day,  we've had a week of overcast skies and drizzle here in the Sun Belt.   Very unusual for us. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Dreary skies appear throughout many Michigan days. Snow helps brighten the look.