Honored Contributor

Re: Where/how do you dry the clothes you do not put in the dryer?

I live in a Townhouse and can't have an outside line or dry laundry outside.

I have a retractable clothes line in my basement.  I drilled the bolts into the cement wall.  Works like a charm.  This is my second one since 1993.  The first one had a plastic stabilizer and eventually broke off.  This one is metal.

I hang just about everything except sheets and towels.

Clotheslines.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't tell anybody, but my favorite towels are the older, worn out ones.  Easy-peasy drying between washing days.  (I don't  like damp towels to be waiting a few days to be washed.  The faster they dry, the happier I am.) 

p.s.  I have plenty of heavier, softer, very nice towels (for other family members/guests) and on towel racks.  Not everyone likes my 'older' towels, lol. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

My washer and dryer are in a wide hall closet.  I installed a closet pole inside from wall to wall.  I hang wet clothing on hangers or if theyre "lay flat" I lay them on the bed.  It's so dry here in the desert, especially with the heat on, that most things dry in an hour or so.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the warmer weather I hang my clothes outside. During the winter months, I have a tripod type rack that I keep in our spare room and dry things in there. If I have an item that says to lay flat to dry, I put it over my shower rod.

Honored Contributor

VaBelle35:  Excellent idea!  Can be used in almost any room, maybe even a sunny kitchen area.  Easy to retract the line before company arrives, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I could not edit my previous message.

My bras are usually dried on a door knob. His work clothes are generally hung and dried on the over the closet door hangers we both have.

If there are too many I will open the small "umbrella" like drier I bought from the Q about 15 years ago, during the Summer we put the rack near an open window and in the Winter in front of the heat

wrote:

@cherry

My bras, some of my tops, DH's work clothes are washed and hung, everything is dried.

wrote:

I put everything in the dryer.  I can't stand  to have wet clothes  hanging  to dry. So far its been OK. I don't have anything that shrank ...everything still fits

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I’m in an apartment with coin washer and dryer in the basement.  My undies get draped across the top of the doors surrounding my bathtub, and the two towel racks in the bathroom.  For other items that need to air dry I set up a rack with three arms in my second bedroom ....put the items on hangers and hang them on the arms.  

Stuff is is not dripping wet when it comes out of the washer, so this works for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

i bought 3 Hang A Way tripod racks from QVC years back...put things on hangers or directly on... works great for me......QVC has a newer brand...not sure of their quality though.....maybe worth a try

Valued Contributor

Try item #V35324.  I bought a similar one a couple of years ago for my daughter, and she loves it.  It collapses and is very narrow for storage.  Also on wheels so easy to move about.

Respected Contributor

No Wire Hangers!!!!!