Respected Contributor

Re: Where/how do you dry the clothes you do not put in the dryer?

I either hang them on the shower curtain pole or drape them on wooden racks. I never have anything dripping wet. I either let them spin dry for a bit or put in the dryer for a few minutes.

i bought the wooden racks from The Vermont Country Store and have never had a mold problem.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dry them on a Christmas wreath door hook, with a hanger of course. I have one of each side of the door. (My clothes are not dripping)

Honored Contributor

I have specials hangers and hang them in the furnace room. We have a clothes line down there. Of course, in the warm weather outside.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On a hangar over the shower rod.

And I do have one of the racks sold by Q back a few years.  I can put it up on my deck so it's easy to use.  When not in use, I fold it up behind the door in my other bedroom.  

Super Contributor

I always hang my clothes.  I use a metal drying rack, I got this one at Kmart.  I've had a number of them in past, some wooden ones,  but they break easily.  When nice out, I put it out on patio to dry clothes, when cold outside, I put them in front of wood-burning fireplace to dry.  Dryer take the dye out of fabrics and can wear clothes out, plus they use a lot of electricity.

Frequent Contributor

Ugh, don't you hate it when people "pop over" and you have to scramble to get the drying clothes off the visible areas!.  I use my railing and shower rod to hang clothes.  I also have a 5 ft tall wood drying rack I purchased in Amish country, Lancaster PA...this thing is a beast but hold lots of clothing.  We are a tall family of five and can't afford to have things shrink in the dryer.  

I stopped using the outside clothes line years ago.  Pollen just seems to fall for most of our drying season and my allergies are too much any more.

Valued Contributor

@Sue98this tripod drying rack is from Walmart. You just put your wet clothes on clothes hangers and hang them on this rack. I bought a tripod drying rack from QVC like this about 15 years ago and I'm still using it. It's one of the best things I bought from QVC but unfortunately it doesn't look like they sell them anymore. I can easily dry at least 12 items of clothing on my drying rack.

Valued Contributor

@Sue98I should add that when I'm not using the tripod drying rack, it folds up easily to put away.

Honored Contributor

Mostly I put them in the dryer on low heat or no heat, sometimes if its just 1 piece I will hang in over the shower curtain rod in the 2nd bathroom.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I put my items in my shower stall. Have an adjustable curtain rod in there and hang my clothes that can't go in the dryer on them.