Valued Contributor

Re: Where/how do you dry the clothes you do not put in the dryer?

wrote:

No Wire Hangers!!!!!

👍😂😂😂

Valued Contributor

I have one of the three arm poles I bought at WalMart and hang on hangars or just off the arm.  I have a heat register right next to the dryer so I hang most things to dry over that then run them in the dryer a bit just to fluff and finish drying.  Also makes the house smell good while they're drying!!

Honored Contributor

@Sue98  Years ago I purchased an expandable shower rod which I place over the tub.  I also use hangers for tops and even jeans (I never dry my jeans).  In fact I have a load of darks in right now and most will hang dry. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have a rack that fits perfectly in the guest room bath tub so I put it up and hang them there.I do put most stuff in the dryer though. Mostly swim wear gets hung up.

Honored Contributor

I have a clothesline strung across my two-car garage.   I hang short stuff over the hood of the car.......and longer things over the empty half of the garage............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Amazon has several in various styles and at various prices.  I use a folding tripod type and an umbrella type for light-weight items that i hang from my shower curtain rod.  In winter, I find the added moisture in the house is a plus.

Contributor

I usually only have a few items I hang to dry each week, so in the winter I put the clothes on hangers and hang in the closet in a small area at the end of the rack. I leave the closet doors open and everything dries in a day or so.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hang on decent hangers in the laundry room. Move dry items to closet. Pretty easy. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

If it's something that can hang, I hang it outside in good weather, or in my shower in bad.

If it has to lie flat, it goes on my wooden rack I got at Walmart $10

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just purchased this clothes drying rack at Home Depot. It was only $33 and requires no assembly. I put towels on top and layed the sweaters on top of those, but there is a mesh net on the second level for smaller clothing. There are also shoe holders toward the bottom. You can also hang hangers from the slots on the top level.The angle of the slotted top level pieces are adjustable. It is very light and folds absolutely flat for storage. Works great. I just keep it in our store room, so it is never in the way. Worth its weight in gold!

Honey-Can-Do Heavy-Duty Gullwing Drying Rack

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli