Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you store batteries?

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@CherryHugs    as long as they are in packages in the container it is fine... you do not want a bunch of loose batteries thrown together as there is a CHANCE OF having a fire or the like... probably not real concerning that it would happen... but it COULD HAPPEN.  

You could also put tape over the ends of the loose batteries if you want to keep them loose together... it just adds a  bit of protection from them ever having a reaction being together.

@SeaMaiden -yeah, I would never keep them together loose either, for the reason you mentioned.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

In clear plastic containers w/the size written on top.  I buy in bulk (except the rechargables).  Only buy Duracell.

I store in the fridge in the vegatable bin.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

In a drawer in my hutch in the dining room.  

Honored Contributor

By the way, for what it's worth.....I use Amazon brand batteries and have been totally pleased with their performance.  Anyone else use them?

Honored Contributor

I got one of these from Amazon at the same time I got a great deal on AA batteries. It works great. The odd looking thing at the top of the case is a battery tester. I keep the case in a cupboard in the kitchen, so we always know where to find fresh batteries.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I bought a larger battery storage case off Amazon.

I liked it better than the one QVC was selling. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Mine are stored in orginal packaging cut down to rid of excess cardboard backing stacked three high and placed in a shoe size plastic container on the shelf of the hall closet. I buy batteries at Costco.

I like those battery organizers, but they don't hold enough for C's & D's. 

And I never keep on hand 9v, when I need one, I go get one.

Respected Contributor

If you have the battery holder that QVC was selling make sure you check it periodically because the batteries can leak and the gunk can get into the grooves of the holder.  

I hadn't checked mine for a few weeks and a couple of my batteries leaked and it made a mess.  I had to take a small brush and clean out the small little sections.  It took me a while to get everything clean.  

I love the plastic case and I'm very happy I bought it, I'm just more aware now of the need to keep an eye on it.

Respected Contributor

I store them in a twenty year old rectangular lock and lock container. The lid has a handle. 

Honored Contributor

In a plastic container.