Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you store batteries?

I love those battery organize containers.  I can see at a glance whether I need to order more or not.  And the batteries are kept in their space without touching each other.  I keep mine on a shelf in my kitchen.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the battery storage box from Amazon and keep it in a dresser drawer.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

In the battery storage case thingy I got from QVC.  V36346.

As several here have said, this is what I use, too.  It's great.  I used to keep them in their original packaging in a plastic shoe box.  I couldn't see what I had and what I needed to buy.  This way it's so easy to see immediately what you have.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

A plastic container in the closet and they are fine.  I have had several batteries for a few years now.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Hats off to all the organizers.   Mine's in a ziplock baggie under kitchen sink.

Honored Contributor

Hubs found a black zippered case that holds different sizes of batteries.  On a shelf in the basement.  

Trusted Contributor

When I have kept batteries in their packaging until needed, a few leaked.  Since buying the battery case on qvc it has never happened so I'll continue to use that.  

Honored Contributor

That plastic battery "suitcase" is one of the best things I have ever bought from QVC.  Sure saves a lot of hassles around here.  Although DH is an electrician, he is battery challenged.  (more like lazy)  So I'm in charge of buying and changing batteries.  

Respected Contributor

We have A LOT of batteries.  When coming in the side door of my house, there is a mud room and a cubby.  Hang your coat, drop off back pack, etc.  There are drawers on the bottom and that's where all the batteries are, in original packaging.

Super Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I bought the battery storage box from Amazon and keep it in a dresser drawer.

Same here. It is like an attache case that zips around. You have to punch out the foamies that hold the batteries, but after that it is smooth sailing. You can store lots of battery sizes and it has a battery life indicator too. Best thing hubby bought.