Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you shop for clothing?

I pretty much gave up on brick and mortar stores.  There are more selections online.  I shop QVC, HSN, Shophq.  I also Shop online with Dressbarn, Old Navy, Lord and Taylor.  

Regular Contributor

I didn't notice anyone else commenting on Athleta.  I purchase quite a bit from there; however, their prices have gone up so much, that may change.  I shop at Macy's and TJ Maxx and Marshalls.  I have been thinking lately about returning to Calvin Klein as I rarely really need anything, but always keep any Calvin Klein items forever.

Respected Contributor

For years I shopped from all the catalogs that have been mentioned.

Then I discovered aliexpress when I was shopping for craft supplies.  I then dipped a toe in to test the site.  I like it and now buy 95% of my clothes from aliexpress.

They are so inexpensive.  About 20% of what I paid in the catalogs. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shop for my clothing wherever I can get a deal (mostly).  I don't like paying full price for things.  When department stores online have sales I peruse (Nordstrom, WHBM, Macys, Bloomingdales).  I will buy shoes that are not on sale, because of what I require from my footwear.  Bras, I will pay full price for too, but that's it.  Online for me.  I haven't been in a B&M in years.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have purchased many nice dresses from Shophq.  This year my summer dresses came from Ross.  Walmart has cute things alsoSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Another new name Sue 

Me, buy clothes? Only clothes I have bought are thermal shirts to wear when I am ice skating. Got 8 of them from Amazon "ColdPruf", 60% Cotton/40% Polyester. Other clothes I have had for years. Simple life/ got plenty of clothes, and don't need more taking up space.

hckynut(john)

I agree, I have only purchased a couple dresses from Ross this spring.  They were all under 10 dollars.  I use to order from One World at least 3 to 4 dresses every spring, however i looked at them lately and realized I had purchased more than I thought lol.  I usually donate a couple every year and I donated this year too and I still have many.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nordstrom, JJill and QVC.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mostly Chico's and J. Jill.  

Sometimes Soft Surroundings, Sabuku (desert themed tees), QVC (Kim Gravel, Barefoot Dreams and Johnny Was).

Zappos.

Respected Contributor

I have given up B&M shopping.  Most of my go to stores are now out of business and our mall is depressing and I don't feel like going to the city and truding around.

95% of what I now buy is from QVC Kim Gravel, Isaac Mizrahi, Susan Graver and Denim and Co.  The other 5% would be from Drapers & Damons catalog.

That is for clothes.  For shoes I buy from Nauralizer, Maryland Square, Auditions and Nordstrom on line

Honored Contributor

I only shop local. My goodness ladies, why do we think all of our local businesses are closing?? I live near several vacation towns with lovely boutiques. I know the people that work there. I'll walk in the store and they know my taste and start picking things for me to try on. If I'm really in a bind I shop Von Maur online.

"Pure Michigan"