Respected Contributor

Re: Where do you go to get cheap glasses frames?

DH and I have had great luck with Wal-Mart.

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

Yes, if you have the Rx, etc., from your optician you can order online. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to. There is also one reputable online retailer that will mail you several frames to try but I can't remember who it is. Maybe someone else knows. 

Warby Parker will mail five pairs of frames to you.  

Respected Contributor

What if you wear progressives? How do they measure?

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

Yes, if you have the Rx, etc., from your optician you can order online. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to. There is also one reputable online retailer that will mail you several frames to try but I can't remember who it is. Maybe someone else knows. 

Warby Parker will mail five pairs of frames to you.  

I have WP frames, and tried a few sets of 5 before purchasing. Very, very easy process, and their glasses are inexpensive, but cute!

Respected Contributor

@Gooday wrote:

Your eye doctor will have to tell you your PD number.  My doctors office charged me 25.00 for this info. Grrr. If I bought my glasses from them, they would credit the 25.00 towards the purchase of THEIR glasses.  

It wss still a huge saving to use Zenni. 

Honored Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

@Gooday wrote:

Your eye doctor will have to tell you your PD number.  My doctors office charged me 25.00 for this info. Grrr. If I bought my glasses from them, they would credit the 25.00 towards the purchase of THEIR glasses.  

It wss still a huge saving to use Zenni. 

Zenni also sends a little ruler to you with your first order to measure your own PD if you choose to. It's a neat little guide that fits over your nose and let's you easily measure your PD. There are also other sites that let you submit a photo with a reference object (back of a credit card, etc.) and they'll calculate your PD for you.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

Walmart or Costco

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about cheap, but Costco has reasonable ones, plus their lense are much cheaper than some of the big eye glass establishments. You won't find as many designer frames at Costco, though, and the designer ones there are sstill expensive, though not as expensive as Lencrafters. The other thing you can do is find a designer pair you like at Lenscrafters, write down the number, and then search the Internet for them.  I saved over $150 on my Versace frames that way.

Respected Contributor

Have you ever thought about those frames thAT bend and don't break? They sell some at costco and I can tell you they are pretty indestructible. There are only a few styles for adults. They are  labeled flex frames or something. I have one of these frames and they don't even get warped. It's a good investment. I have other fashion frames but I like to read in bed and I literally fall asleep every night in these flex ones. The get slept on,dropped,sat on,etc.  and are going strong!!!!

Respected Contributor

I keep reading about people buying eye glasses online.  I have a question.  I wear bifocals.  When I pick out frames at the optical dept., they have me put them on and they mark where my eyes are and make sure the bifocals is in the right place.  How would you do this if you bought glasses online?

I do have my script for them and would be interested. 

Also, how do you know how big they are so that they would be right for your face?

Thanks!