Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you go to get cheap glasses frames?

I bought very good frames at COSTCO, and Ielieve the service MAY be available to non- members.

Respected Contributor

I've seen some rubber type frames for kids. I wonder if they have them in adult sizes? It might be worth looking into! Good luck in your searh. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm going to Walmart for my next pair of glasses. 

Honored Contributor

I would NEVER buy glasses from Costco again! I'm an avid Costco member/shopper. I've always gone to Lenscrafters for my prescription eyeglasses. A few years back we decided to give Costco a try. My dh found some glasses he liked and got them. As he began to wear them it was clear that the size he got was NOT what he should have gotten! They were way too large for his face! Lenscrafter reps would have immediately pointed that out before we bought them. Costco help didn't really care. Just rang up the sale and out we went. My interpretation of Costco eyeglass dept is their salespeople are driving the hi-low one minute and selling eyeglasses the next. NOPE not for me. My eyes are too important to save a few bucks. I only get my glasses at Lenscrafters now and their employees are so knowledgeable and take their time with you. JMO of course!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

You might want to check www.flexon.com to see who carries them in your area..  I think I'd rather pay a little more money for something that might last longer..  Hope you find what works for your husband!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

I order all of my son's glasses from Zenni Optical. 

Respected Contributor

Love Zenni Optical online!!!!! You will need a prescription and the PD number. The eye doctor can give you the script and the PD number. I bought my first pair from them recently and they are awesome glasses! It's also my first pair of bifocals/progressive lenses. Prices start at 6.95. The frames I liked at the doctors office would cost 350.00 out of pocket and with insurance. Same style with antiglare lenses out of pocket 82.00!! No insurance. 80% of frames and lenses are made by the same company. Various places will charge whatever they want to charge. Zenni makes vision affordable for everyone. They will get my business from now on.
Respected Contributor

There is a company the Frameri that makes quailty frames designed to allow lens to be removed and placed into other Frameri frames.  That may be a solution.

Respected Contributor

I had great luck at Costco a couple of months ago.  

I took my prescription in and had them make two pair of single vision eye glasses. I also treated myself to a pair of new sunglasses (no prescription, just polarized).

All three pair turned out great (had a $30 coupon on two pair for adults).

I was sorry to hear about a negative experience at Costco optical by another post.  The  lady that helped with my prescription and fit was excellent.

Respected Contributor

Yes, if you have the Rx, etc., from your optician you can order online. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to. There is also one reputable online retailer that will mail you several frames to try but I can't remember who it is. Maybe someone else knows.