Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you go to get cheap glasses frames?

@mima wrote:

I keep reading about people buying eye glasses online.  I have a question.  I wear bifocals.  When I pick out frames at the optical dept., they have me put them on and they mark where my eyes are and make sure the bifocals is in the right place.  How would you do this if you bought glasses online?

I do have my script for them and would be interested. 

Also, how do you know how big they are so that they would be right for your face?

Thanks!

At most of the online sites you can upload a photo of yourself and try the frames on using that image. They also typically have a number of stock faces available to try frames out on.

As to the bifocals, I use progressive bifocals and mine work fine with no special measuring other than the pupil distance (PD.) Places like Zenni (who I used) also have some very inexpensive glasses you can buy to test how you like the whole process and be sure they suit your needs.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Where do you go to get cheap glasses frames?

For Progressive lenses, use the dual PD number. My doctor's office told me to make sure I use both PD numbers (if different) or I would have problems with the glasses. It's good on zenni when you can upload your own pic. You can mark where your pupils are on the pic. After that, you can start "trying on glasses". I think I spent three hours browsing and trying on frames. I've been very pleased with the whole experience and have recommended them to friends and family.