Honored Contributor

Where do we find how to post a picture on here? Where do I go again to

change the quote under my sign off (so to speak)? Someone told us how to do the latter, but I put it away for safe keeping and not using it hourly, can't remember where I put it. I think I need to start a recipe box of where things are around here! LOL. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where do we find how to post a picture on here? Where do I go again to

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal

Under Forums there is one called, Welcome Get Started.  That has a thread on how to post a photo, and other things.  It's a great resource. 

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Welcome-Get-Started/bd-p/getting_started

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal

To do a signature at the bottom of your posts - go to, My Settings, Personal Profile, under Email you will see Personal Information, click on that.  You will see part way down the list, Signature. 

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

@qualitygal

To do a signature at the bottom of your posts - go to, My Settings, Personal Profile, under Email you will see Personal Information, click on that.  You will see part way down the list, Signature. 

@cotton4me, wow thank you for your help on that. I've written on a red cover of a folder now and if I can't remember "red" I'm in deep trouble. Thanks again for your help in this.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal and @cotton4me

That link to the "Get Started" pages only discusses posting a photo from QVC.  And frankly, I don't think it works.  

But anyway, if you want to post a photo from the rest of the internet, go to the photo you want, right click on it, choose "copy" from the drop-down menu that appears, then go to the post you started, and right click and choose "paste" from the drop-down menu.

Sometimes the first photo you choose won't paste.  If that happens, go back to the original page, and click on the photo to take you deeper into the site.  Then find the photo again and go through the steps above.  That should help.

Do you know how to post from your own photos that you've taken?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach, oh ok! Thanks, the way you described it, I can do that one, I'll have to try it sometime. Wonder if there's a way to shrink some of the pictures before you do like a copy and paste thing??

Your last question, no I don't know how to do that one I guess.

Thanks for your help!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach @qualitygal

How to post one of your own photos.  I'm going to post one of mine so I can write down the steps. 

Click on the icon that looks like a box with a mountain in it (insert/edit image).

A box will appear. The top line says Image with the word Browse highlighted.  Click on Browse. That lets you browse through your own documents to choose the picture you want to post.  Once you choose the picture it will be downloaded, then click on Insert Image. 

In my case, before it would let me post, I had to mimimize my image so it would fit.  I did that through Windows Photo Gallery on my computer.

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me, got it!! Thank you so much, that was very kind of you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @cotton4me

A simpler way to resize is to click on the picture once it's in the post, and it will turn blue with dots at the corners and edges.

Put your cursor on the edge or corner and drag the image to the smaller (or larger) size that you want.  Release and the image size is changed.

So sorry, I meant to address this to both of you.

@qualitygal

Happy Thanksgiving!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @cotton4me

A simpler way to resize is to click on the picture once it's in the post, and it will turn blue with dots at the corners and edges.

Put your cursor on the edge or corner and drag the image to the smaller (or larger) size that you want.  Release and the image size is changed.

________

Thanks, I had no idea I could do that.  :-)