Honored Contributor

Re: Where did the V in QVC go?

Sometimes I wonder that myself.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

jaBOOP:

My mother was one of those people who shopped almost exclusively from QVC, one of those you're calling "too lazy to get up and go to a deparment store" and but for that comment I might have let your sarcastic post go unanswered.  At 81 years old, my mother was a diabetic with a heart condition, wheel chair dependant and legally blind - that's the person you dare to call "too lazy to GO to a department store".  What gives you the right to be so judgemental?   Do you have any idea how many people cannot get out of the house to shop?  No, I guess you don't, well good for you.  Just remember this jaBOOP,  there but for the grace of God go I.

If you're DONE with QVC then bully for you but show those who need to shop there for whatever reasons (none of which are any of your business) a little kindness. 

Unbelievable...

Maria

Regular Contributor

The OP was venting ... nothing personal.  I am in complete agreement.   Saturday ... I went to the mall where I could touch, feel, try on, inspect, and use a coupon for $20 off!   It IS a hassle to drive 30 miles (for me), and park 50 yards away.   I purchase from QVC because of a certain designer that I love, and her line is not offered at the malls.

The last 3 out of 4 clothing items I purchased from QVC were defective.  I received one on Friday that had a large SNAG  .... didn't the clothing inspector see this ... I did immediately (it was someone's return).

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't be so concerned if the V was gone, but with the Q gone it is not a good thing.

One of the Sharks on shark tank made a remark on one of the shows about the Q's merchandise and bottom line.

Super Contributor

OP, it is you that needs to wake up! I rarely shop QVC but there are tons of online retailers that offer great deals, coupons and free shipping!

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree on the pricing. But I wouldn't call people lazy. I cant hike stores anymore. When I am feeling OK, I do go shopping and find much better pricing here in my area, but I have to get what I want and right back out due to not being able to walk around for an hour.

So I am feeling let down by Qs prices as of late specifically for casual to casual dressy clothes, because I loved the convenience of having things delivered. But now i rarely shop Q due to over pricing.

One example; Today everyone is gushing over this cudl wrap. I think its cute and it would fit my life of chilling out at movies with DH, and at home. However, maybe I'm living in the past, but I don't think its worth 27 bucks even though many are calling it a deal. I have other wraps/cardis similar (but different brands) to this and I paid 15 bucks on sale for them.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

JaBoop, interesting that you have two posts.  Both of them show how unhappy you are with QVC.  

Respected Contributor

Hello, jaBOOP and welcome. Smiley Happy

Sorry that you had to go through that. Hope you find a place to shop that works better for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

I often look at B&M stores for pajamas because I can find them cheaper then what the Q charges. I never buy jeans or pants either because I have to try them on and Im not gonna pay to try on a pair of pants.When I do purchase an item of clothing, I make sure its unique and good quality. Most of things I buy are not shown on tv, they are hidden gems, well made and a good value.

I also shop the Q online I can get all the info I need and reviews to make an informed decision to see if its worth the money to spend to purchase what I want.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Trusted Contributor

I have a Dear Daughter In Law who is disabled and cannot get to a store. She buys from QVC all the time and holidays  she spends huge. If fact I think she wore the UPS driver's shoes out from all the deliveries. This is her way of shopping and I'm sure many more people do the same thing. Yes QVC prices went up and shipping charges are not so good. One important thing is QVC's customer service you cannot beat. They are the best. I have been buying for years off of QVC and never had a problem with them. Customer service will do everything to help you and for housebound people that is so important to them.