Occasional Contributor

I am so DONE with QVC. I don't know who is running it now but they have obviously changed their target audience. NEWS FLASH-the majority of American women do not pay your high prices!! If you are not too lazy to get up and actually GO to department stores, you can find sale and clearances in them all for 50-70% off any day of the week.

Sure it takes a little effort but unless you have money to burn, do it! Other shopping channels have clearance sales of 50-70% off. QVC thinks $5-10 off is a big clearance price. What a joke. On top of the out of line high prices, you pay out of line shipping; twice if you return. Lately, the quality of my purchases has been so poor I had to RE-SEW the seams!

Ladies, wake up. QVC no longer deserves your unwavering loyalty!

Honored Contributor

Re: Where did the V in QVC go?

It Vacated!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I understand your frustration.  I'm much more careful with ordering and double check pricing all the time now......

Honored Contributor

I understand your frustration too.  However I do not need to suddenly wake up, nor am I too lazy to shop elsewhere. I never relied on QVC  (or any other retailer) to provide everything I ever need or want, so I have always done my own comparison shopping and continue to choose wisely.  QVC is just another outlet for me. I like it fine, in the way I choose to use it; if the price is too high, or quality not supreme.... like you said, I go elsewhere. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am awake, no I'm not lazy, and I do purchase carefully from both QVC and stores. 

You sound like an angry person with issues.  I make my own decisions, and you make yours.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's very hard to disagree with you,  jaBOOP.  And I don't find you angry at all - just frustrated like the rest of us.  I agree that the quality has indeed gone down, and I've been with QVC since CVN days.  There was a time when I could order from some great brands, Jessica Holbrook being one of them. I never had to return anything, and the quality and style were easily the equivalent of a very good department store.  Today not so much.

Almost everything I've ordered in clothing for the past few years has had to be returned for size/fit or quality. It's very disappointing.  

Even worse, since QVC encourages returns and then closes accounts for too many returns (per this Board) it puts those of us who do order clothing in jeopardy. For these reasons, I probably won't order anything more in the way of clothing except D&C and/or Susan Graver pants which fit me very well in Petites.

Honored Contributor

I find the OP's "too lazy" comment to be rude and demeaning, especially to those QVC shoppers with disabilities who may not physically be able to go out to stores to shop the sales.

The point of the post could've been made without the unnecessary insult.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I think the V is for "value," which l agree-- there isn't very much of  that lately. But if it's for "variety," alas, there isn't much of that either.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Out the door with the other "V"... VARIETY...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

I don't think the OP intended to insult anyone.  I think she's very frustrated and it is understandable. I think the quality has gone down with many of the clothing items,  while prices have gone up.  That's why I no longer purchase clothing from QVC. I limit my purchases to handbags and home decor items.