Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Yes time goes by so fast since I retired.

@Imaoldhippie , yes, and difficult work days seemed to go on forever, sigh.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Time does seem to go by faster as I get older.  I fear I'll go to sleep one night and wake up in the nursing home!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where did it go?

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

@QVCkitty1  Time does seem to go by faster as I get older.  I fear I'll go to sleep one night and wake up in the nursing home!

I had that dream once ... actually, it was a nightmare.

When I was in rehab after my hip replacement, I had such an unpleasant experience ... roommate made my stay so miserable that I had my son come and get me after just one week.  

I can just imagine what a long term nursing home would be like.

Trusted Contributor

My beloved dad once told me: It seems the older you get the faster time flies. I am finding this is SO true. 

Regular Contributor

I agree, it seems like lately, especially the last few years, the weeks feel like days and i don't like it! I say to my husband every Friday " I cant believe it is Friday again!"

Valued Contributor

Summer isn’t as enjoyable as it used to be. It’s gotten so hot outside, and if you have a job that requires you to maneuver your way through the heat every day, it’s just exhausting. I take my vacation in the summer, and work is slower which is nice, but I’d be thrilled if summer only lasted the month of July. I prefer spring and fall. 

Esteemed Contributor

In my neck of the woods this summer and last summer were brutal. When it wasn't so unbearably hot and humid you didn't want to step outside... it was raining. There might have been 2 or 3 nice comfortable days but that's about all she wrote.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Where did it go?  Apparently to my neck of the woods.

At 10:00 last night it was 91 degrees.

I feel like I'm stuck in a heat "time warp" without the strength to do the dance.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

as soon as i read the title i new what it was going to be about because we have been saying it to. when i was youger my mom allways would say the older you get the fast time goes by and she was so right.

Respected Contributor

Yep, I agree.

Everything seems to go faster as you age. The day, the weeks, the months, the season, and especially the money.