Honored Contributor

I’ll admit summer isn’t my favorite season, but really where did it go ?  I know it’s a tired expression, but these months are racing by for me, and I don’t like it one bit.  Is it really true that time seems to fly as you get older, is it true for you ? 😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

I agree...the older i get.(.i am 79)..time just flies so fast....sigh

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

My mom always said so

Honored Contributor

I feel like the days go by slow, but the months whiz by.

Super Contributor

Theyn do fly by..  and I think the older I get the faster it goes for sure.  I do try and not wish so much for the next season, slow down and enjoy the here and now.   

Esteemed Contributor

When I saw this title, I thought you were talking about a thread that disappeared, LOL.

Honored Contributor

Regrettably, it is the same for me, too.  It breaks my heart as Summer is my favorite season and now I am bidding it goodbye. 

Last night I began to view my recording of Return to Peyton Place,  and the opening focused on the change of seasons.  It made me very melancholy.

What can you do?  You stick around for the ride, as long as you are on it.  Cherish each day and realize the preciousness of time.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes time goes by so fast since I retired.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

This has been on my mind also. It can get me down if I think about it too much.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Regrettably, it is the same for me, too.  It breaks my heart as Summer is my favorite season and now I am bidding it goodbye. 

Last night I began to view my recording of Return to Peyton Place,  and the opening focused on the change of seasons.  It made me very melancholy.

What can you do?  You stick around for the ride, as long as you are on it.  Cherish each day and realize the preciousness of time.

@golding76 , Well said ! 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan