Trusted Contributor

Where did all of HSN's free S&H items go????

That is why I have always preferred HSN over QVC.  They have always offered many items with free S&H.  I've been noticing that is no longer the case.  I guess I'll be saving more money now.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where did all of HSN's free S&H items go????

[ Edited ]

@Sue98 wrote:

That is why I have always preferred HSN over QVC.  They have always offered many items with free S&H.  I've been noticing that is no longer the case.  I guess I'll be saving more money now.  Smiley Sad

I think its because they were purchased by the Q...I remember when all beauty items were FS..Woman Sad

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Yes, shipping on HSN is showing up everywhere now, some items as high as 7.50, and now here in MD we pay tax, so now HSN is now off my shoppping radar for the most part, such a shame.

Super Contributor

For sure -- all the fees go to the same place, the coffers of Qurate!  Woman Tongue

I can understand that the corporate view might have been that HSN, bless them, was a touch too generous with the free S&H.  As I recall, if a vendor had a TS, it was almost always offered with free S&H as were the other products available in their line.  HSN also frequently offered free S&H in connection with other promotions, e.g., beauty events.  I sure do miss that LOL but again, I can understand from a pure business perspective why Qurate might reduce the frequency overall.

What I can't understand is why TS/TSV's on both channels seem to have been completely exempted from free S&H?  That's penny-wise and pound-foolish IMHO.  Most recent example:  from what I observed in these forums over the past few days, many Dooney fans took a pass on yesterday's beautiful TSV due to the always ridonk S&H that QVC routinely applies to Dooney bags.

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom. Did QVC buy HSN?  I thought Qurate owned them both.

Honored Contributor

I think the bargains I used to get at H ,are a thing of the past. You used to really be able to save a lot there.

Honored Contributor

Those days are long gone...I noticed even the TS are no longer free shipping🙁 and prices (inc. flex pay) are no longer good.  I was going to order something but decided against it $12.00 added to "sale" price...nope pass for me!

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@emmysmom. Did QVC buy HSN?  I thought Qurate owned them both.

Guess they do now...!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

Since the full acquisition of HSN bu Qurate, HSN is no longer a bargain.  For example, shoes used to be Free Shipping but not any more.  IMO, Flex Pay is also less generous from the perspective of number or if it is available at all.  What I do like is that I can select the number of Flex Pays if more than 2 are offered.  I think the Q’s computer system is too antiquated/inflexible to allow us to choose, especially if the Easy Pay on an Auto-Ship item extends beyond the ship frequency on an item.  Why would I want to pay for an item I’ve used up while I’m also paying for a new shipment?

Honored Contributor

Qurate spreading the joy... I have one item to return to HSN and the cost to do so is even worse than were I returning it here. It'll probably be the last time it's an issue... I don't order much from either of them anymore. I plan to keep it that way...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...