Honored Contributor

Re: Where'd you go to "eat out" the last time you did?

@Danky.  That's what caught my eye! The scallops! Let me know.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Swadley's BBQ in El Reno, Ok on our way back home from OKC. YUM!!!

@Nightowlz  Been there!!!

@Sooner Did you like it?

We go right past there every time we go to OKC but had never stopped. One day we thought we would try it. We thought it was pretty good. They give you too much food to eat so I always have to get a doggy bag.

The waitress told us if we liked burgers to try The Garage in OKC. Never heard of it but we plan to try it sometime when we go to OKC.

@Nightowlz  It's ok.  Not really my favorite in the area, but a good place to stop and they do have a variety of items!  Have you been to Cattleman's Steakhouse in the Stockyards District?  It's close to downtown and not far off Reno Ave.  They have very good steaks, the best rolls you can get, and fabulous coconut cream pie!  The REAL deal with merangue on top!  Lunch is wonderful, and the decor is very retro.  Well, no, it's just OLD!  LOL!!!

There is a cute candy store nearby that sells all kinds of soda pop. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234

Oh, that is ok!

Since you asked, that encouraged me to look up Mad Mex locations! Columbus Ohio has one...and I’m not sure about Newark?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234, at Spork, if you want to know the daily menu, you have to call in the morning.  I think you can also get on an e-mail list.

Everything is fresh and homemade.  The owner's daughter is the pastry chef.  Salads are huge.  The last time that we were there, I had turkey on a croissant with homemade buttermilk dressing, my one friend has grilled cheese on brioche, and the other had a corned beef panini on rye.  The homemade potato chips were the best.  Also, homemade iced tea and lemonade.

As far as Whereabouts, the soups are very good and they have half sandwich/half soup or soup/salad.  The only problem we have run into there is that by noon, they are quite often out of the various sandwich breads.  They have excellent bagels and a big bread selection if you get there early enough.

I have not been to Mad Mac since it was renamed quite a few years ago.  I was there when it was Matilda's.  I live in Kirkwood, south of Bear, so that side of Newark is not too convenient, except to hit UDairy.  I don't seem to mind driving up for a cone of their If You Love Pina Colada in a sugar cone.  Brings me right back to my beloved island.

Since you are in Pike Creek, if you like Chinese food, you probably go to The Crownery, one of my long-time favorites.  I try to get there when I go to my eye doctor.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Two friends of mine took me out for lunch for my Birthday today, we went to Chicken Salad Chick  ........   I love chicken salad, and it was delicious!Heart

Happy belated Birthday @Hooty!!!!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Swadley's BBQ in El Reno, Ok on our way back home from OKC. YUM!!!

@Nightowlz  Been there!!!

@Sooner Did you like it?

We go right past there every time we go to OKC but had never stopped. One day we thought we would try it. We thought it was pretty good. They give you too much food to eat so I always have to get a doggy bag.

The waitress told us if we liked burgers to try The Garage in OKC. Never heard of it but we plan to try it sometime when we go to OKC.

@Nightowlz  It's ok.  Not really my favorite in the area, but a good place to stop and they do have a variety of items!  Have you been to Cattleman's Steakhouse in the Stockyards District?  It's close to downtown and not far off Reno Ave.  They have very good steaks, the best rolls you can get, and fabulous coconut cream pie!  The REAL deal with merangue on top!  Lunch is wonderful, and the decor is very retro.  Well, no, it's just OLD!  LOL!!!

There is a cute candy store nearby that sells all kinds of soda pop. 

@Sooner Yes we have been there. Probably the best place to eat a steak. I like the Filet Mignon. Yes it does look really old. We need to go there again some time.

We like trying different places we have never been to

when we go to OKC. 

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@panda1234

Oh, that is ok!

Since you asked, that encouraged me to look up Mad Mex locations! Columbus Ohio has one...and I’m not sure about Newark?

@LTT1 I checked for myself and there is one a hour away. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234

Yay🎉

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV, Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Took my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters out to Chili's last night and the girls to McDonald's for lunch today.

Every perfect gift is from above.