Trusted Contributor

Re: Where can you buy a face mask and have it shipped quickly?

Celebrity on Air has 4 masks for $11.99 and free shipping.  They normally make Carol Wior swim suits but are also making masks.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have dust cover masks from Harbor Freght that were available in February.  They specificially say not designed for viruses and they are on the thin side, thin enough to wear two one on top of the other or one under a bandana. 

Because they are the molded design with the metal nose adjuster on the top people have incorrectly assumed they were medical grade and made a point to scold us.  We also have a few N95 masks from the anthrax scare many years ago that we had purchased back then from Amazon in a box of 20.  They have been kept clean and pristine but definitely are medical grade and too many rude people with a big mouth so we don't wear them.  We only have 3 left because over the years (since 2001) we used them.  

If we lived in an area that was heavily infected we would wear them. Fortunately, we don't and only go out for grocery shopping and even then once every 3 weeks.  

Honored Contributor

just purchased two a few moments ago on societythreads.com. they only have a camo pattern left.

$5 each plus shipping.

i have also found some on local facebook groups and on nextdoor.com.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I made one using a bandana with a coffee filter tucked inside and ponytail elastics.  Used it to run to the dairy for milk.  Worked just fine, except my glasses fogged up a bit.  I'll have to play with it a bit next time.  I did order some masks from Amazon, but they are literally on a slow boat from China so who knows if/when they'll arrive.  Lots of places online have instructions on how to make your own.

Honored Contributor

Contributor

The following websites are making masks.  

1.  Allett

2.  Los Angeles Apparel

3.  Buck Mason

Trusted Contributor

Good luck with Etsy. I bought from two sellers last week and they still have not shipped. I've been reading seller's reviews and a lot of people are saying masks they buy have not shipped. I'd be tempted to make your own, heck of lot quicker.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I have personally ordered from Etsy and the vendor is themagicspool.  

She is located in CA and she ships very quickly.  The masks that she shows on her page are available for shipment immediately. 

I have ordered things from her for the last year or so, including masks. Again, the masks on Etsy are not medical masks.  And I have no affiliation with this Etsy vendor. Just a shopper who has bought from her before.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Thanks.  I just ordered one from her.  

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@FranandZoe 

Why not it is all I have and there are 100's of others around here wearing them

@FranandZoe wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have 5 two N 99 that my DH brought home post 9-11 and 3 that I have picked up from Doctors appointment through the years

Lucky you!  I wouldn't wear medical masks to go grocery shopping though.

I'd  like to know why not also?😷🤔

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran