Honored Contributor

Where are the Older (not age-time period) Models from QVC

Does anyone know why we don't see the models who used to be on QVC from way back?

Every now and then I see Carrie.  There were so many that I never see anymore.  When they are selling pillows or beds, I see Angela.

I saw Colleen recently when the polish that strengthens nails was on.  Before that, well I didn't see her.

Many of us long-time watchers remember seeing the models on a daily (or weekly) basis.  Now, suddenly, I don't see them anymore.

I'm terrible at remembering names, but I know many of you know the models I'm talking about.

I figure some are doing print work, but with less and less print work available, where are they?

I figure QVC is saving money by hiring people to model their clothes that have never modeled before.  Don't mean to bust....but...well..I think it looks like someone like me...and I'm definitely not model material.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the Older (not age-time period) Models from QVC

The models don't actually work for the Q.  My guess is the longer term models have life changes or perhaps a better offer.  Some got married, had a baby, etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66,    You might be interested in this link I posted in a thread in "Beauty" sub-forum a few days ago, something I found when doing an internet search.   

It appears that a poster on another site periodically adds photos and updates about some of the QVC models from the past (and present):

source: TVShoppingQueens

https://tvshoppingqueens.com/panel/topic/qvc-whatever-happened-to-some-of-the-oldex-models-on-qvc/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Angela was on with both Bob Mackie and Louis dell 'Olio this past week.  The schedule the regular models work is brutal.  As they get older, perhaps the need for the income has dimished along with the willingness to work the hours required.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo. @Annabellethecat66.  Many of the models listed are still there.  Eiko recently returned after a long absence, although she looks different.  Dorian is the one who was fired for fighting with another model.  Joy started her own business, a modeling agency.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I'm not happy with alot of the models they are using lately.  Can't explain...

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  I have QVC on most of the day on one of my TV's for the noise.

I haven't seen Colleen much at all in recent months.  As I said, I recently saw her on the nail polish presentation.  Other than that, I haven't seen her much.

I also know all about Joy's modeling agency (because I read about it here a long time ago).  I was just curious why it seems like so many of the models don't look or act like models at all.

I think QVC wants to have viewers identify with the models.  

If I'm not interested in what they're selling or I don't like the presentation, I change the channel, (if I'm going to be watching TV).

I don't think QVC understands that if the viewer doesn't like the way the clothes are being presented, we are less likely to spend the money to even try them.

It's gotten relatively expensive to take a chance and try on QVC clothes these days.  They keep raising their rates for shipping and handling...not to mention returning an item.

Speaking strictly for myself, if I don't like the way a model is wearing something....I'm not going to buy it.  I don't care about the age of the model, I care more about the size of the model.  THAT gives me an idea of what my size (XL-1X) will look like in an outfit.  

I really think most people are optomistic.  We all think we COULD look that good if we bought the item.  It only goes to the same premise; if we don't like the way it's being presented...we don't want to look like what we are seeing.

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Annabellethecat66,    You might be interested in this link I posted in a thread in "Beauty" sub-forum a few days ago, something I found when doing an internet search.   

It appears that a poster on another site periodically adds photos and updates about some of the QVC models from the past (and present):

source: TVShoppingQueens

https://tvshoppingqueens.com/panel/topic/qvc-whatever-happened-to-some-of-the-oldex-models-on-qvc/

Does anyone know the name of an older model who was on when I first started watching ReplyQVC probably 20 years ago.  She was a blonde, 40-50 years old and very pretty. 

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 I believe you’re talking about Maria