Respected Contributor

Re: Where are all the paper products???

@cozyseeker   I'm wondering the same thing.  I went to grocery store this morning, and the paper goods aisle was completely void of toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, wipes, anything like that.  I figured by Wed or Thurs stores would get their shipments in.  No such luck for me today.  Plenty of paper plates and cups.  Even dish washing soap was in short supply but there was some.

I am down to one extra roll for each bathroom (2), plus the half roll currently in each bathroom.  I don't feel like going from store to store in search of this type of thing.  I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks this will sort itself out.  I am in NC and am avoiding places like Wal Mart and Lowes - the big stores.  If need be I will check the local dollar store and settle for whatever they have (if any).  Jeeeez.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN :  I finally scored 24 rolls of RV t.p. From Amazon yesterday (it will be delivered on Friday). I had searched every store in my small community for a month!

Respected Contributor

Albertsons is only charging $6.95 for delivery service if you order over $150.

Super Contributor

So frustrating for folks like me , both dh and I work , our regular shopping day is Saturday. Early am hours are impossible. Ugh .

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@OKPrincess 

Sorry everyone to go off topic. 

I have been racking my pea sized brain to search for your nic name. I have missed you and just wanted to let you know. Happy dance upon seeing your post. I hope you and DH are well.

Hugs of joy sweet friend, 

🦋

We are doing fine. Thank you for asking. @butterfly123 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A local TV reporter talked about this last night.  It seems that the "excess" we see being wasted is because of school and restaurants being closed.  Can't send fresh milk home with a kit that doesn't have refrigeration!

The demand for paper products has shifted also.  Residential demand has increased but commercial demand has decreased.  Anybody need a 18" roll of TP made for a dispenser?  There is plenty in stock!

You can't just change production and demand and not expect a shortage in certain products.  Sad but true!   

The media tells you part of the story!

Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

A local TV reporter talked about this last night.  It seems that the "excess" we see being wasted is because of school and restaurants being closed.  Can't send fresh milk home with a kit that doesn't have refrigeration!

The demand for paper products has shifted also.  Residential demand has increased but commercial demand has decreased.  Anybody need a 18" roll of TP made for a dispenser?  There is plenty in stock!

You can't just change production and demand and not expect a shortage in certain products.  Sad but true!   

The media tells you part of the story!

Way back when people used rags. I am not worried about toilet paper or paper towels. I have plenty of microfiber rags in the home that are safe to put in the washing machine.  Diapers too - used to be cloth better for the environment also.   Its all about convenience these days.  I know people who go through a roll of paper towels in 3 days.  Use RAGS people !!

Honored Contributor

Yikes!  Can we get a roll call of all the posters who will use rags instead of toilet paper?

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

Yikes!  Can we get a roll call of all the posters who will use rags instead of toilet paper?

LMAO!!! Not me!  My hand is downWoman Tongue

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal wrote:

@cozyseeker 

Aside from groceries, you can try hardware stores or places like Home Depot or Lowe's. They all carry paper towels and sometimes toilet paper and might be restocked by now. Also automotive supply places carry very durable paper towels. And have you tried dollar stores?  They are small and restock quickly because they don't always carry brand names. I'm sure there is TP in places you haven't tried. 

Also, ask your nearby neighbors if they can give you something you need and trade it for something you have or you can cook in exchange. 

As a last resort, if you stop at a firehouse or police station and explain your frustration and aggravation, they will probably understand hand over a roll of TP and/or paper towels to get you thru a day or so. 

Other people will always help even if a store can't be a supplier. Stay confident and don't get too worried about next month and onward; solve today's problems one day at a time. Part of resilience is resourcefulness.

You can get paper goods somehow. Distribution will improve. Bad times come to an end, too. 

These are all great suggestions.

I would also add in convenience stores, if they haven't already been suggested. 

We were able to get bread/bakery items at a reasonble price at a local convenience store when our other supermarkets were out of bread and hamburget/hotdog buns.

I know that it gets tiring and stressful to have to think of all of these things, like where can I get this, will the store have this, where can I find this, and so on--it does get stressful for me.

I'm grateful to get what I can when I'm able to shop.

I certainly understand everyone's frustration as we shop and have had to change our routines.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Heart