Super Contributor

Where are all the paper products???

This is getting very scary. There are NO paper products, toilet paper, paper towels, or even paper dinner napkins available anywhere on line or in our local stores. This has been going on for well over one month now. I understand at first it was because of "hoarding" but now it seems none of these items are even being produced any longer. I can only hope manufacturing will resume again, or shipping, or whatever the problem. We are really frustrated and frankly afraid of what will happen next month or the next few months with availability. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Where are all the paper products???

It really upsets me, too.  Have you tried going when the stores first open?

I've been told that's the only way to find it.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

@cozyseeker

Paper supplies are being manufactured. The problem is keeping up with demand and enough truck drivers to deliver the products.

There are also people using social media to alert their friends and family.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Went to Costco this morning, they had 6 large pallets stacked with toilet paper. Each pallet easily contained 100 packages. Went to Target and Albertsons, both stores had toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex and napkins. But this was at 7am.

I've also seen toilet paper at Costco during the evening.

Super Contributor

Go to your normal store. Ask the mgr when they expect a shipment. Go there at the time they tell you. My BF and I did that, and we went at 7AM. They had stacks and stacks of 18-roll Charmin. We got 1. 

Respected Contributor

Shaking my head at why Americans hoard these products. As if that will keep the virus away.

Honored Contributor

try ordering from quill.com.

you may have to buy a larger than normal package, but you will be set for a while.

i have been able to find some things on there like hand sanitizer that i am having a bit of difficulty finding in the stores.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's a distribution system problem that will take some time to sort out.  With most people staying home, at-home use of paper towels, napkins, and TP has dramatically increased.  Meanwhile, institutional use of these products - at schools, offices, restaurants, etc. - has plummeted.  Manufacturers of institutional products are unable to pivot easily to home products for various reasons, such as product size (think of the huge roles of TP in public restrooms), pack size, quality (institutional quality is lower than home quality), and, not least, distribution system (retailers don't have relationships with institutional distributors).

It will get sorted out eventually, but the transition period may be difficult, especially if the free market is left alone to solve the problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wasn’t feeling well today and left the office early, I stopped by the Dollar General outside my subdivision and score TP, limit one but the had a little of different brands

3EA20AE7-A75D-4DF4-A8FB-72BBE5CD85CA.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Paper products are widely available but go quickly, there's no need to panic imo.