Contributor

Re: or heavens Re: Where Will You Be During the Eclipse? Home? At Work? Looking at the Sky?

I live in the path too, it will be total here. I have glasses, t-shirt , and blanket.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Where Will You Be During the Eclipse? Home? At Work? Looking at the Sky?

@Nana 727 wrote:

I live in Kentucky, so I'm in the path. Our Church is having a solar event viewing FREE parking, hot dogs, chips, cookies, drinks and solar glasses. Can't wait!!!  

NANA - Are schools in your area out that day? We have city and county schools. The county is out. City schools wouldn't cancel. Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

They will be out Monday. 

Contributor

I heard the parents that have kids going to city schools are taking them out. 

Respected Contributor

I'll be on the computer or vacuuming. I'm waiting for 2024, when the path will be closer to me. 

Regular Contributor

@Nana 727 wrote:

I heard the parents that have kids going to city schools are taking them out. 

I don't doubt that! After school yesterday, a few of us were saying that we bet when kids get there Monday and see that there's only a handful of them in their classes, they're probably gonna call their parent to come get them. I know my hubby said in a couple of his classes, he's only gonna have 3 kids.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

I'm going to be home, watching the eclipse on television or live streaming if it's available.

I will not go out during those hours. I don't have those approved glasses, not that I'd trust them anyway. We only have two eyes and they are precious!

What will you be doing?

@sunala  It is safe to be outside!!  Just do not stare at the sun  Who told you it was not safe to be outside during an eclipse?  Do you stare at the sun on sunny days?  You do not have to look at the sun  during an eclipse either.  

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Don't forget to bring your pets inside, as well.

Why?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Do you all really think you will go blind if you glance up at the sun during the eclipse? Really? "Remember to bring your pets in". I really think this phenomenon is getting way blown out of proportion! Its an eclipse, not the end of the world.

@ID2  Exactly!  Why do you have to hide  inside with your animals? LOL!  Only idiots would stare at the sun. 

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

Oh one more thing. If it's cloudy, you can still burn your eyes if you look at the sun. You know the sunburn you can get on a cloudy day?  Sadly, I discovered that fact too late for a case of sun poisoning when I was a teenager.

Live and learn!

Why would you look at the Sun?