Respected Contributor

Re: Where Will You Be During the Eclipse? Home? At Work? Looking at the Sky?

Can you blind yourself just by going outside without the glasses?  Will I get skin cancer if I wear short sleeves?  Please don't let the hype make you fearful.  Don't look at the sun  ANYTIME.  If you are outside and near a tree during the eclipse,  look at the pattern on the sidewalk.  There will be lots of little cresents in stead of spots on the ground.  Kind of cool.  Keep your pets and children inside of you think they won't know better or will look anyway.  A pizza and a movie and they'll never budge.   I'm more worried about the fool looking up and driving off the road, than the moon passing in between the Earth and the Sun.

Respected Contributor

or heavens Re: Where Will You Be During the Eclipse? Home? At Work? Looking at the Sky?

For christs sake  the eclypse is not going to hurt pets  anymore than any other day. A dog does not know what an eclypse is and it is not going to watch it  SMH

I live in the path of totality si I will go out and watch some of it with my glasses

Super Contributor

Re: or heavens Re: Where Will You Be During the Eclipse? Home? At Work? Looking at the Sky?

@kcladyz wrote:

For christs sake  the eclypse is not going to hurt pets  anymore than any other day. A dog does not know what an eclypse is and it is not going to watch it  SMH

I live in the path of totality si I will go out and watch some of it with my glasses

Agree. 

Esteemed Contributor

The poor homeless animals, or the idiots that leave their animals out in the yard all day.

Contributor

I will be up in San Francisco (I live in So. Cal) meeting with clients and bringing eclipse glasses I bought at Griffith Observatory so that my clients, colleagues and I can watch the eclipse before our meeting.  FUN!  We are all looking forward to it.  I also bought an extra 25 pairs and passed them out at my office for my So Cal colleagues to use on Monday to observe the eclipse.  Everyone is excited to see it.  

Respected Contributor

I'll be at work, sunala.

I saw an eclipse (reverse-image from a pinhole) when I was astronomy mad, c. age 12, and it was profound. 

I couldn't top it down here in FL where it isn't going to be that good of a view.  It's still spooky-good to think about it but I'm overtaxed with deadline work at the moment.

Esteemed Contributor

Work at a college -- first day of fall semester. Many faculty are cancelling mid-day classes. Bookstore selling glasses at discount prices. We're in the path -- Overland Park, KS/Kansas City, MO  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Regular Contributor

Hubby & I will be at work. We both work at a high school.  Faculty & staff will take the few kids who do show up out to the stadium w/approved glasses to watch the eclipse.  Several have planned to bring snacks and just make it a fun day since we have to be there, lol! Some schools in our area are out that day but our system isn't. However, the parents were given the choice to keep their kids home that day w/o it counting as an unexcused absence. A lot of kids stated they weren't coming, so who knows how many will show up Monday morning!

Honestly, I think they should have just canceled. We are one of the areas where they expect a heavy influx of people (up to 100,000). When I left school yesterday, the traffic was already crazy, gas had shot up and a cashier at Kroger said they'd been busy all day long. A city that's an hour from us is the epicenter for the eclipse in KY. A sorority sister of mine who teaches there said they've called off school Monday AND Tuesday. I told hubby it'll be interesting to see how long it takes us to get home Monday. We usually have a 15 min drive! Smiley Indifferent

Contributor

I live in Kentucky, so I'm in the path. Our Church is having a solar event viewing FREE parking, hot dogs, chips, cookies, drinks and solar glasses. Can't wait!!!  

Honored Contributor

Home in bed, possibly still asleep at the beginning. Having my first cup of coffee. It will be completely overcast here so no chance to see it any way but on TV - which I'll do once I'm awake.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all