Honored Contributor

Re: Where Will You Be During the Eclipse? Home? At Work? Looking at the Sky?

I'll be at home watching it on my big TV.Woman Very Happy

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

If I had a dog, I'd bring him in, not because he needs to have his eyes protected but because he'd be likely to be confused by the sudden darkness.

If I'm out, I'll have dark suns and a wide-brimmed hat and my common sense.  I'm more likely to be home where I can watch the weather channel or sign into a government site to follow the path of the event.  I'm already amazed that from one coast to another, we're talking about less than 3 minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Do you all really think you will go blind if you glance up at the sun during the eclipse? Really? "Remember to bring your pets in". I really think this phenomenon is getting way blown out of proportion! Its an eclipse, not the end of the world.

@ID2- how about this. Take your hand and put it on a hot stove burner for a few seconds. Then look at your hand. See the blisters? This is exactly what the sun will do to your eyes. This information was given to me by a friend who is a meterologist.

Knock yourself out!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Oh one more thing. If it's cloudy, you can still burn your eyes if you look at the sun. You know the sunburn you can get on a cloudy day?  Sadly, I discovered that fact too late for a case of sun poisoning when I was a teenager.

Live and learn!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I'll be at work.  I watch it on the nightly news.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm laughing as I type this.  I hope I remember it's going to happen because if it gets dark out of nowhere and I've forgotten, I'll be glancing out the window making sure the 4 horseman of the apocalypse aren't hovering above the Detroit river, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Do you all really think you will go blind if you glance up at the sun during the eclipse? Really? "Remember to bring your pets in". I really think this phenomenon is getting way blown out of proportion! Its an eclipse, not the end of the world.

You go first and let us know how it works out.  I have always heard not to look up at it during this kind of an event.

@CelticCrafter  hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha OMG, I almost lost my soda when I read your response.  I was just going to post the same thing.  I want to know how it works out also.  Wondering if she'll be able to read a newspaper in the morning or even see her kids and husband..  It's amazing.  

Respected Contributor

If its a nice day and not too hot I'll be outside doing yard work.  The eclipse in our area will be 84%, probably won't notice much.  I don't make a practice of looking at the sun anyway, the brightness hurts my eyes.

It would be nice to live somewhere where there will be a total eclipse just to see it gradually get dark then get light again.

Respected Contributor

I will be home-safely watching on tv! I agree with you@sunala!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

In the house, watching on TV.