Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where Will You Be During the Eclipse? Home? At Work? Looking at the Sky?

At home with my family

With my pet inside

Wearing my solar eclipse glasses

Along with my solar eclipse T-Shirt

Recording the event on my DVD recorder on the ABC channel that David Muir will be presenting from Charleston, SC

What a wonderful experience!  Once in a Lifetime!  We're in the Path here in South Carolina...YAY!

Honored Contributor

Now that everyone is mentioning it, even though my birds don't park themselves on the window sill to look outside (aviary environment, not caged), I think I will tip the blinds and close the curtains in the family room.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Do you all really think you will go blind if you glance up at the sun during the eclipse? Really? "Remember to bring your pets in". I really think this phenomenon is getting way blown out of proportion! Its an eclipse, not the end of the world.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

While my husband and I are normally "out and about" around the time of the eclipse and eat lunch out somewhere, we're staying home during the eclipse time period. We'll have lunch at home that day.   I'll do my normal walking at 8:00 AM and then come home and hope to be home for the duration. 

We have the approved glasses but I highly doubt we'll venture outside. For some reason, I've become a little skittish about it. 

We will be watching on tv though. I'm looking forward to that. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Do you all really think you will go blind if you glance up at the sun during the eclipse? Really? "Remember to bring your pets in". I really think this phenomenon is getting way blown out of proportion! Its an eclipse, not the end of the world.

You go first and let us know how it works out.  I have always heard not to look up at it during this kind of an event.

Honored Contributor

golfing

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

You go first and let us know how it works out.  I have always heard not to look up at it during this kind of an event.

I am not going to chance it would you

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

I'm going to be home, watching the eclipse on television or live streaming if it's available.

I will not go out during those hours. I don't have those approved glasses, not that I'd trust them anyway. We only have two eyes and they are precious!

What will you be doing?

you can hurt your eyes only by looking directly at the sun 

Honored Contributor

Both....because I work from home.   It's going to be cloudy here, the visability won't be great but since I don't have any eclipse glasses, I'll be watching on tv.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Why don't you go outside and stare up at the eclipse for as long as you can and report back to us...if we don't see a post from you, we'll assume you went blind.