Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where To Buy Disposable Masks and Gloves

@Deree wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Deree wrote:

"I just want to sneak this in, why do people wear their masks like a chin strap or if they wear it on their face their nose is exposed?"

Answer:  Because they're either ignorant or lazy. 

@Deree  Some people don't want to wear them and they only put them on because they have to.  Some people like myself have Asthma and can't breathe.  I have no choice but to pull it down.  If no one is around me it really don't matter.  I keep my distance.   

@BalletBabe   No need to explain -- I understand people have medical conditions.  I'm talking about the ignorant people who seriously do not understand that covering their mouth does not protect them or others.  It's hard to believe but somehow they don't know that respiratory droplets come out of their noses.  The lazy people are those who wear their masks as a chin guard "just in case" they're forced to pull it up. Those are the folks who don't care about anyone else.  At least in my area these are mostly younger "adults".

WOW....you can tell a person's medical conditions by just looking at them.  Hope you use that power for good.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@BalletBabe 

I have asthma and wear a mask as well as other breathing issues and  I find that using a mask bracket makes it much easier to breath, I make sure the mask is wide enough to sit above my nose and below my chin

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Deree wrote:

"I just want to sneak this in, why do people wear their masks like a chin strap or if they wear it on their face their nose is exposed?"

@Deree  Some people don't want to wear them and they only put them on because they have to.  Some people like myself have Asthma and can't breathe.  I have no choice but to pull it down.  If no one is around me it really don't matter.  I keep my distance.   

@I am still oxox   I blacked out once in Walmart an dI won't again.  You might be able to handle it.  I can't.  I have more of a chance falling and breaking something then I do getting Covid.   

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe 

It is not necessary to defend your self, live your life and I will live me as well as I can

@BalletBabe wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@BalletBabe 

I have asthma and wear a mask as well as other breathing issues and  I find that using a mask bracket makes it much easier to breath, I make sure the mask is wide enough to sit above my nose and below my chin

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Deree wrote:

@I am still oxox   I blacked out once in Walmart an dI won't again.  You might be able to handle it.  I can't.  I have more of a chance falling and breaking something then I do getting Covid.   

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

People as vulnerable as yourself should have groceries delivered either by family or a service. Falling on the concrete floor at Walmart is definitely a concern. Covid, flu, and pneumonia could be fatal to you. Anyplace that allows you to roam without covering your nose and mouth allows others to do it as well and they can easily infect you. You should not be around those people.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

People as vulnerable as yourself should have groceries delivered either by family or a service. Falling on the concrete floor at Walmart is definitely a concern. Covid, flu, and pneumonia could be fatal to you. Anyplace that allows you to roam without covering your nose and mouth allows others to do it as well and they can easily infect you. You should not be around those people.

@Porcelain   I never get sick.  I refuse to stay in my house and have everything delivered.  I don't fear this virus.  I am ordering a lot from Amazon, but I go to Walmart about once a month.  There are a lot walking around Walmart without a mask.  If I see someone getting near me , I pull it up.  I try to keep my distance from others.  I don't live in fear.  Life is too short.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Porcelain   I never get sick.  I refuse to stay in my house and have everything delivered.  I don't fear this virus.  I am ordering a lot from Amazon, but I go to Walmart about once a month.  There are a lot walking around Walmart without a mask.  If I see someone getting near me , I pull it up.  I try to keep my distance from others.  I don't live in fear.  Life is too short.   

@BalletBabe 

If as you say, you never get sick, and have no fear of the virus, and don't live in fear,  then why do you even bother to wear a mask at all, and try to keep your distance from others?  🤔

And it is great if you are one of the lucky ones who have no comorbidities, and are not in a high risk group.👍
Stay safe.  It is a troubling time in Anerica, and the world.  🙏

~Life is short. So eat well. You could die tomorrow. ~

Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I usually buy from Amazon. Back in January I bought gloves 100 ct for $9.99, they are now $24.39. I bought masks in May, 50 masks for $29.99, now they're $9.99. I wonder why the gloves went up in price so much? I was just wondering if there is a better place to buy from? I just want to sneak this in, why do people wear their masks like a chin strap or if they wear it on their face their nose is exposed? 

@Jordan2 

Try CVS. Or Walgreens.

re:  “I bought masks in May, 50 masks for $29.99, now they're $9.99” sounds like a pretty good deal to me.👍

re: masks wear around chin or not covering nose.  Are they socially distanced outside, or are they around people like in a store?

~Do your part. Wear a mask, observe social distancing, wash hands. It is the patriotic thing to do.~ 😷🇺🇸👍

@EatWell when I walk to the mailbox or the grocery store near me, I wear a mask but if I'm not near anyone I'll wear it slightly below my nose. If someone is approaching me I pull up my mask. Yesterday I was on a walk, this woman wasn't wearing a mask, we passed each other by, unless there is a medical reason she can't wear the mask, she should have. I have seen people in a store with their mask down near their chin.

Esteemed Contributor

Home Depot

Honored Contributor

I buy 50 packs from Amazon.  They are by ECOGUARD.  3 ply with nose form.

More importantly, they are made in the USA.

They are 30.99 (w/the $5 coupon at checkout).

You'll have them by tomorrow!

Gloves I find at the grocery store and the pharmacy.  I also wear them when I go out.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  I am seeing both at lots of places including Walgreen's and Target. My last order for masks was from Target. Since then, I've not priced either, because I'm not wearing gloves that often, so don't need more and, for now, have enough masks,. That said, at the rate 'science' is moving, I'll clearly be ordering more sooner rather than later. As for why some folks are wearing masks incorrectly, my guess is that like many others they have difficulty breathing through the mask, so are at least making a half hearted effort to look as though they're complying. Not hopping aboard the 'selfish', 'inconsiderate', on umpteenth incarnation of the 'fixing stupid' train, but it is unfortunate, as wearing them incorrectly defeats the purpose. One assumes that since most establishments are now requiring them this is their way of coping with the mandate...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...