Honored Contributor

Re: Where I live this is BIG news, a Dollar General

@CrazyKittyLvr2 .................I like DG.  Their brand Clover Valley is really good.  I buy a lot of that brands canned goods, pasta, salad dressing etc.  Their DG brand of dishwasher soap is the bomb, gets dishes super clean.  The DG brand drain unclogging stuff is very good too.

Dont be afraid to try their items.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Since yesterday was a first for me, only because DH was nosey, I was surprised how much stuff they had. I only got some sponges, bathroom cleaner and he got a pair of readers. I'll hold off on food things and cat food, I'm leary.  Same with make-up.  If I get in a pinch and really needed something I might take a chance only because it's better to go 5 mi. rather than 12 or 14 mi. On the other corner in the summer one of the local big farms has a great stand with veggies. Their sweet corn is the best. Across the highway is a convenience store with good sandwiches and salads, beer and some kind of Seagram coolers. I told DH we are almost in the 21st century.

Honored Contributor

We have several Dollar G stores near me, they are so convenient.

I love their seasonal items.   I bought a beautiful Santa head there last year.   I displayed it on my front door, the grands loved it.

I like their summer/garden items too.

I'm sure over the course of the past few years, I've probably purchased at least one item from every department.

Honored Contributor

What do you mean that DH ws nosey?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

What do you mean that DH was nosey?

Honored Contributor

Sorry for the dups.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I think some are confusing the Dollar Tree with Dollar General Store.
Dollar Tree owns Dollar General and I read in here yesterday that Dollar General stores will be closing in most areas...and either becoming Dollar Trees or being bought by other companies.

Dollar Tree is the parent company of Family Dollar - and they are closing a lot of Family Dollar stores.  Dollar General is a separate corporation.  I think - lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1   DH was curious and wanted to see what they had.  I forget that  attempted humor does not translate well in a forum.

Honored Contributor

I’ll run into Dollar General when I want some snacks as opposed to 7-11 which is double the price.

Honored Contributor

I think they have definitely improved over the years. You just have to know what and what not to buy.

Batterys...no way-they lasted 1 day

Tape-not very sticky

Greeting cards -I go about 3 times a year and stock up for upcoming events. You can't beat the prices. Cards are so expensive.

Food- Always check the EXP