Honored Contributor

I was watching Night Line or 20/20...one of those programs and they were showing that Wikipedia removes many things from the site if it is not agreeable to them.

The removed postings were not incorrect and there was nothing wrong with the content.  It was removed because the author was not welcome to post due to social or political differences.

They also said that many things on there are not true or are controversial and yet they are being portrayed as being accurate.

i do read things on there from time to time, but always keep in mind that it might not be accurate.  There are better sources if I need accurate info.

Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

I was watching Night Line or 20/20...one of those programs and they were showing that Wikipedia removes many things from the site if it is not agreeable to them.

The removed postings were not incorrect and there was nothing wrong with the content.  It was removed because the author was not welcome to post due to social or political differences.

They also said that many things on there are not true or are controversial and yet they are being portrayed as being accurate.

i do read things on there from time to time, but always keep in mind that it might not be accurate.  There are better sources if I need accurate info.

@Carmie, what more accurate sources are there that are readily available and have the breadth of information as Wiki?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

@Carmie

I think we all know their accuracy is not 100%  As has been said, it's a good place to start, it's also a good place to check the bibliography for further information.

I like to look up where people are born and other personal details, including age.  Nice to know Doris Day is still around at 95.

Several seem to have missed the point, which is the inclusion of women in the arts where they had not been mentioned before.  It's about women being on the move and supporting other women, not a trash hack on Wiki.