Respected Contributor

Re: Where Are My Bagels?

[ Edited ]

@Chimsqua @My order was also supposed to ship this week and has a 2/19 delivery date.  I contacted the Social Team and they confirmed they had not gone out.  They said this vendor typically ships on Mon or Tuesday and to contact them again if not shipped week of 2/22.  

Edited to add: my delivery date STILL shows 2/19!!!

Valued Contributor

My order of bagels will be arriving today, finally. Wondering what condition they are in.

Ordered the first date, shipping label created on Feb 5, the day I was supposed to receive them. 

Feb. 15 shipped from NYC. Delivery delayed twice. Box sat in NY and in IL.

5 days later, UPS will deliver late today.  Do I get round rocks? lol

Valued Contributor

My bagel order left New York on Feb. 11 and I received them on Feb. 15 and they were srill fresh and delicious.  Best bagels we ever had.  Hopeyou get yours soon.

Occasional Contributor

If it's any consolation, my order was the same..late, etc.  Eventually I got it...but it came through the USPS so there was no ice.  Good thing it's freezing outside!  Anyway, I put them right in the freezer.  But just a heads up, I'm finding that they are easily freezer burned, so IMO I would re-wrap them to prevent that.  Worth the wait, as they are delicious!  Good luck with your order.

Respected Contributor

@kcam  do you think if I put them in some lock & lock and then put into the freezer, it will avoid the freezer burn?

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Re: Where Are My Bagels?

[ Edited ]

@kcam wrote:

If it's any consolation, my order was the same..late, etc.  Eventually I got it...but it came through the USPS so there was no ice.  Good thing it's freezing outside!  Anyway, I put them right in the freezer.  But just a heads up, I'm finding that they are easily freezer burned, so IMO I would re-wrap them to prevent that.  Worth the wait, as they are delicious!  Good luck with your order.

@kcam  @CAcableGirl2   I ordered the Just Bagels, but I also order bagels from another New York City bagel company from time to time.  They even have a written note on how best to care for them when they arrive.  Their suggestion:

• Slice each bagel
  • Wrap each half separately
  • Re-wrap the halves together (so now that they are wrapped twice)
  • Freeze immediately 

I do this and the bagels never get freezer burn, and stay fresh as when they were newly made.  😃

Trusted Contributor

@Chimsqua  Some of my orders that were supposed to be deilvered yesterday are delayed due to weather conditions. It says this on my order status. Have you checked your order status on your bagels lately?

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   I will try that!  Thanks for the suggestion.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the information; I shall do this.Cheers

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

My 2/15 advance order is telling me that a label was created on the 17th, and no updates since then.  Today is now 3 days later, and I'm concerned that these will arrive stale or moldy.  I believe they will be shipped 2 day, so if they are sitting at the vendor awaiting UPS to pick up, it's really not the fault of QVC, but I'm still not going to pay for food that I will have to throw out.

We'll see - if they arrive great, that's perfect!  If they arrive moldy or stale, I'll call CS and get a refund.  

I've had good luck with the majority of my food purchases in the past and remain hopeful.  Only a couple of times I had to call for credit on items that arrived unsealed or for late arrivals, but hoping these arrive fresh, they sound delicious!  

@CAcableGirl2  I could have written the exact same post, dates and all.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the next few days bring.  I'll update my post if/when they arrive.

@Caaareful Shopper  @CAcableGirl2  .... I have the exact same problem .. I doubt that we will he able to eat the bagels when they finally arrive... too bad because I was looking forward to tying them 😪