Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Where Are My Bagels?

[ Edited ]

My order of Just Bagels (24 NYC Kettle Boiled) was supposed to ship on 2/15/21 and expected to arrive yesterday, 2/19/21? It's still in process. Perhaps my expectations are too high, but if one is supposed to receive a perishable food item on a certain date, one should receive that item on that date. However, IF there is an issue, due to weather or anything else it IS expected that the customer will be notified of a delay. QVC failed in this department. My order is still in process, the phone time wait is too ling, and I am number 54 in the live chat queue.

If delayed fine, but A/ QVC should advise the customer of the delay and B/ the custome, me, is now concerned if I will receive a fresh order or if my order will arrive moldy. It is because of this that I expect more from QVC. 

An article of clothing can sit around in a box because its delayed. Perishable food items cannot. I hope QVC sees this post and advises me, becasue I don't have time to wait on the phone or be #54 in queue.

Honored Contributor

I've never ordered food online in my life, so, don't know.

Respected Contributor

My 2/15 advance order is telling me that a label was created on the 17th, and no updates since then.  Today is now 3 days later, and I'm concerned that these will arrive stale or moldy.  I believe they will be shipped 2 day, so if they are sitting at the vendor awaiting UPS to pick up, it's really not the fault of QVC, but I'm still not going to pay for food that I will have to throw out.

We'll see - if they arrive great, that's perfect!  If they arrive moldy or stale, I'll call CS and get a refund.  

I've had good luck with the majority of my food purchases in the past and remain hopeful.  Only a couple of times I had to call for credit on items that arrived unsealed or for late arrivals, but hoping these arrive fresh, they sound delicious!  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Chimsqua In the future, just FYI, the Customer Care forum is the best place for this type of thing.

Good idea to contact the Social Team by email at:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

They are very responsive to problems. Send you name, account and order number and the nature of the problem.

Esteemed Contributor

Since they are still in process I would guess because they are coming from NY it is because of the weather, they were unable to fulfill your order. 

Respected Contributor

Shipping and arriving dates are estimated.

I don't believe any food order is ready to send until you have a tracking number. Being the weekend I wouldn't expect them to be made and sent until Tuesday.

Respected Contributor

I haven't ordered any, but others have reported that their orders were also delayed. Hope you get them soon !!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered for ship date 2/15. They shipped on 2/15; UPS label created on 2/17 waiting for parcel. They sat in NY for several days due to weather and are now sitting in CO at UPS. It is suppose to be delivered on 2/22. It was suppose to ship UPS 2nd day air. This is unacceptable.  I don't want stale bagels. 

Why didn't they wait until the weather changed instead of shipping perishable food. This makes no sense.  I don't mind waiting longer to receive a fresh product.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where Are My Bagels?

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

My 2/15 advance order is telling me that a label was created on the 17th, and no updates since then.  Today is now 3 days later, and I'm concerned that these will arrive stale or moldy.  I believe they will be shipped 2 day, so if they are sitting at the vendor awaiting UPS to pick up, it's really not the fault of QVC, but I'm still not going to pay for food that I will have to throw out.

We'll see - if they arrive great, that's perfect!  If they arrive moldy or stale, I'll call CS and get a refund.  

I've had good luck with the majority of my food purchases in the past and remain hopeful.  Only a couple of times I had to call for credit on items that arrived unsealed or for late arrivals, but hoping these arrive fresh, they sound delicious!  

@CAcableGirl2  I could have written the exact same post, dates and all.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the next few days bring.  I'll update my post if/when they arrive.

Trusted Contributor

@Chimsqua Good luck in getting your bagels,  I ordered the sweet assortment supposed to be delivered early Feb. and the assorted to be delivered around now.  First order never came UPS had label ready but no merchandise and finally they cancelled that delivery.  The vendor must still be woefully behind due to the snowstorm in early February so I cancelled both orders and will wait until the vendor has another presentation, hopefully in the spring.  Send an email to the social team @QVC, they are most helpful.