Honored Contributor

Re: When your friends get Altzheimers

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

These people are totally blind about those stupid Dooney purses and any negative comment brings out their fangs. I pay no attention to them. They automatically go to the same old arguement over & over that they can spend their money where they want. Fine. I don't care if they pay 5 million for a stupid purse, I was simply commenting that I felt it was insane for a purse with a webb strap to be $500, but they are so obsessed with their arguement that they can spend what they want on whatever they want that they totally missed the point. OK rant over.

Why go to a Dooney forum, in an area called My Favorite Brands when clearly, Dooney is not one of your favorite brands?

Maybe you should check your facts before commenting - I was not in the Dooney forum.I was on the purse forum.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

These people are totally blind about those stupid Dooney purses and any negative comment brings out their fangs. I pay no attention to them. They automatically go to the same old arguement over & over that they can spend their money where they want. Fine. I don't care if they pay 5 million for a stupid purse, I was simply commenting that I felt it was insane for a purse with a webb strap to be $500, but they are so obsessed with their arguement that they can spend what they want on whatever they want that they totally missed the point. OK rant over.

Why go to a Dooney forum, in an area called My Favorite Brands when clearly, Dooney is not one of your favorite brands?

Maybe you should check your facts before commenting - I was not in the Dooney forum.I was on the purse forum.

You might need to pour yourself a glass of wine.

Honored Contributor

@151949

My apologies; I stand corrected.

I will remove my post.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949 @lulu2

You specifically started yet another thread about folks who buy D&B don't get it because of the cost.

I myself think spending $45,000 on a Buick is kind of like not getting it either but hey-whatever floats everyone's boat.

I prefer good ol' Vera Bradley and our 10 year old vehicle myself. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

That is precisely why I do NOT live in a "senior" community

It's not contagious, you know.  Smiley Wink        We've lived in a 55+ community for 10 years with 120 houses and only 4 people have died.   So, not depressing here.  It's not like they are carrying people off to the morgue everyday.

Respected Contributor

That is correct about swallowing issues.  My Mother had Alzheimers and actually choaked to death eating an orange.   I don't know the % but that isn't uncommon with Alzheimer's patients.