Esteemed Contributor

What are some embarrassing or weird things that happened to you when you were little?

It can be embarassment on your part, or by proxy.

When I was in first grade, I went to the bathroom and the stall door got jammed. I got scared and started crying.
That was embarrassing.

In third grade, students were lined up at the teacher's desk with questions about their work. This little girl apparently needed to use the bathroom - REALLY badly.

She took her place at the end of the line, but she couldn't wait - instead of just going on to the bathroom, she stood there in front of the class and wet herself. She cried.

Embarrassment-by-proxy.

That's why I have never watched game shows; I get embarrassed for the contestants......

Respected Contributor

Re: When you were little......

2nd grade.  Teacher moved my desk up against the wall  cuz I was a talker....hard to imagine I know  ;-)

Honored Contributor

Oh my!  What we remember!  I was in private kindergarden and this little girl who was visiting with her mother, yanked the door open!  Hardly traumatic, but when you're little there is no frame of referance then!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

The first few times that I was sent to the principal's office were embarassing. 

What can I say, even when I was a kid, when you asked me what I thought about something, I told you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@scotttie wrote:

2nd grade.  Teacher moved my desk up against the wall  cuz I was a talker....hard to imagine I know  ;-)

Scotttie, I didn't realize that was you sitting next to me . . . oh heavens I was always getting my desk dragged around for being chatty . . . oy!

Honored Contributor

I wore the bottom of my baby-doll pajamas to school under my dress in first grade.  I was afraid someone would notice under the stall when I used the restroom, but no one did.  Never did that again 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@scotttie wrote:

I got paddled a few times for my inability to shut up Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Nunya, I was forced to kneel on a bag of rice for long periods of time for talking.  I also was forced to do squats in the back of the room for talking.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Nunya, I was forced to kneel on a bag of rice for long periods of time for talking.  I also was forced to do squats in the back of the room for talking.

Squats? Wowza that would have made me zip it LOL

I was benched for the whole semester in PE playing hockey, hitting the puck like a pinata is against the rules .

I was a handful as a child.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
In 1st grade, the teacher rapped my knuckles with a ruler for nibbling on a cupcake during class.