Honored Contributor

Re: When you think youve heard everything

@Imadickens wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

I hope the authorities decide that that so-called "father" will never see or have anything to do with that child again...and put a restraining order on him to stay away from the mother. He belongs locked up in some prison for the mentally ill.

Unfortunately, in our world, he will probably continue to harass that family until the child is 18 years old...if he has to support the child.

What scares me as much is that the baby mama will forgive him and take him back (for any one of a million reasons from she loves him and wants them to be a "real" family to she's alone and needs his support, financial as well as physical!) and keep doing it until one, or all three end up dead!

@Imadickens

And if the authorities see evidence of a history of abuse of the child she could be charged as an accessory because she failed to take action and remove the child from danger or report him for abuse.....And you bring up a whole nother issue women that stay in an abusive relationship and children suffer also...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 @Stormygirl

Thank you both for your service.....

And @Kachina624  that you for volunteering and helping the kids.And @Stormygirl thank you for putting your past behind and taking all those positive actions in your life!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Stormygirl - Your story brought tears to my eyes. I wish I could tell you I know what you went through, but I don't. I wish I could say I know how hard you had it, but I don't. 

The only thing I can tell you is you took charge of your life and came out the other side. You have done well and yes, some days it was the drive, some days the anger, some days the hunger and cold. But you did it for you. And if that is what got you through, you appreciate it all the more.

I am sending you hugs and please know how much I respect you for sharing your story, I'm sure it wasn't easy. Riley1

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter is an ADA and deals with domestic violence and child abuse every day. She has told me that you think you've seen it all and then the next case comes in. She has often said you can't believe what people think up to do to innocent children.

She does go after them - and hard. The thing that really gets her is the no matter how much she counsels the females, they always go back. It really is a viscious cycle.

Unfortunately, the men have no one to look up to because they probably lived the same life. This is what they saw, so this is what they do.

IMO I don't think the sentences are harsh enough for some of these offenders. And rehab and classes is certainly not working.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree! We are failing the most helpless, innocent members of our society! We make it easy for people to scam the welfare system, but those who really need it don't get the help that would save them, and the children they bore! Perhaps, if they had access to education and reliable child care they wouldn't need to stay in the abusive relationship! But, I'm afraid there will always be the ones who love him, and believe he will change, right up until he kills someone, either the woman, the children, are all of them!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.