Valued Contributor

Re: When you're ill and just don't feel good, what helps you the most to feel better?

@gidgetgh wrote:

Depends on what I’m sick with, but normally when I’m sick or have a migraine, I want carbs. Like crackers or French fries. I don’t really eat French fries anymore, but I know if I wake up with a migraine I eat some Cheez It’s. Carbs and salt. 

At no point, when I’m sick, do I crave anything healthy like broccoli, LOL. 

The WORST things to eat.

Valued Contributor

Re: When you're ill and just don't feel good, what helps you the most to feel better?

[ Edited ]

@DrakesMomma wrote:

A Coke-cola from McDonald's...and I have no idea why. 

Honored Contributor

Ice cream fixes everything.

Honored Contributor

I can't risk dehydration so it's plenty of fluids like hot herb tea or just cold water, soft PJs and a warm bed. Tea and toast or vegetable barley soup if I'm not sick on the stomach.

Esteemed Contributor

I take extra vitamins/detox supplements.  Everything else depends on what type of illness.  Sometimes rest is needed, sometimes getting outdoors in the fresh air is needed. 

Respected Contributor

SLEEP. and Leave Me ALONE.  I can't relax if I have a time limit on my sleeping.   Carbs do help with a migraine but Very Plain carbs like plain italian bread or a bargain white bread.  No fat. 

If I'm Ill Ginger Ale.  when I can eat it's plain pasta.  If that goes well and I'm hungry it's a poached egg on toast with a bit of salt.

Colds require fluids, soups, teas, warm Glogg or a hot toddy.  Heck, if I'm gonna be home anyway why not?

Esteemed Contributor

Fascinating to me that so many eat when they don't feel well.  My stomach shuts down and  I have to set my phone alarm to remind me to drink my water.  

I like my bed for rest but eventually I crave being outside and need a walk.  Fresh air is a great cure.

Respected Contributor

I have been sick with some weird cough that wont go away, a dull headache, Montezuma's revenge and a sore throat but not a full cold.I have no idea what it is. I dont really have an appetite, and I feel nauseated. 

I have been drinking water and juice and small amounts of bland food. 

I have been resting in bed and trying to sleep. My cat has been faithfully by my side. He must know Im sick. Its just me taking care of me so its kinda hard. I just hope it goes away. I got a flu shot so it cant be that or could it.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

I have been sick with some weird cough that wont go away, a dull headache, Montezuma's revenge and a sore throat but not a full cold.I have no idea what it is. I dont really have an appetite, and I feel nauseated. 

I have been drinking water and juice and small amounts of bland food. 

I have been resting in bed and trying to sleep. My cat has been faithfully by my side. He must know Im sick. Its just me taking care of me so its kinda hard. I just hope it goes away. I got a flu shot so it cant be that or could it.

@hsawaknow......from what I've heard, the flu shot doesn't cover everything.  But, sorry to say, it sounds like you do have the flu.  Know how it feels when you're alone and no one to take care of you.  Not a good feeling.  Take care and don't let it go into anything worse.  Maybe you need to call your doctor......

Honored Contributor

rest