Honored Contributor

When you're ill and just don't feel good, what helps you the most to feel better?

I just want to sleep when I don't feel good.  When I finally feel a little better, some good old soup helps. Chicken noodle or tomato.  

Honored Contributor

Re: When you're ill and just don't feel good, what helps you the most to feel better?

Fluids and bedrest.

Respected Contributor

Re: When you're ill and just don't feel good, what helps you the most to feel better?

@qualitygal  I feel fine, but I'd still like to go back to sleep.  I'm counting the days (hours) until Friday at 2:00pm.  (I will be off work until 1/2/19!)

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

It's been a long time but I baby myself like no tomorrow.  It usually includes a hot bath and a warm bed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just good ole peace and quietness.

No one bothering me at all, no kids, no dog, no husband, no phone calls.

Just me in a quiet room and a nice warm blanket and pillow.

Edited to add, maybe the dog beside me for a little while.

Esteemed Contributor

Tea & Toast

Honored Contributor

Depends on what I’m sick with, but normally when I’m sick or have a migraine, I want carbs. Like crackers or French fries. I don’t really eat French fries anymore, but I know if I wake up with a migraine I eat some Cheez It’s. Carbs and salt. 

At no point, when I’m sick, do I crave anything healthy like broccoli, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

It depends on the illness. If it's the stomach I don't want to eat anything of course and be near a bathroom and be left alone. Colds, then soup and ice cream.Under warm blankets watching t.v.

Respected Contributor

Depends upon what I am ill with and how bad, but generally the same as everyone else.  Undisturbed rest, OTC meds and Gatorade for hydration.

Honored Contributor

Hot tea ,or ,cold diet coke..