Honored Contributor

Re: When you're at home do you have background noise on (TV, Music, Sound Machine)

Both alarm clocks are set to come on to music so music starts early for us. The TV or radio or CDs are playing throughout the day. Sometimes the TV is on and no one is watching. However, on occasion I do like silence so turn everything off or mute it.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

Re: When you're at home do you have background noise on (TV, Music, Sound Machine)

Sometimes I have the tv on or something playing on the computer if I'm online. Other times, I prefer silence.

Super Contributor

When I'm downstairs I very rarely have the TV on. Sometimes I'll play music, but mostly I enjoy the quiet.

When I'm upstairs, I usually have the TV on, though sometimes the volume is turned down low. When I'm de-cluttering, I like to play music.

Regular Contributor

I don't like a quiet house, so the TV is on for background noise and just in case of any emergencies. Even when my kids were young and in school I would leave the TV on. Now that it's just my husband and myself the silence is not a good thing.I need noise.
Super Contributor

I adore Silence

Esteemed Contributor

Privacy and Quiet!

I love, though to open the windows and hear all of the birds in our backyard.

Classical music....low setting in the background. Television has very little to interest me.

I possibly do get the national news later in the evening.

Old classic movies (before I was born is a *(treat)..........`whenever I can`

...............may sound as though there's a lull in the activity but [IT] works for me~

Happily contented,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,_Naes

Super Contributor

Silence.

There is always traffic noise, though.

Frequent Contributor

I love silence. I rarely have the TV on except for maybe the Pandora music station.

At night I have a sound machine on white noise...but I have it turned very very low.

Super Contributor

I usually have the TV on for noise. I have tinnitus and it is much louder in silence.
Honored Contributor

At night, I have sounds on my clock that I turn on..forest, ocean, or brook. They help me fall asleep...during the day, I don't have anything on.

But..have to listen to music or a podcast when I exercise.