Super Contributor

When you're at home do you have background noise on (TV, Music, Sound Machine)

Or do you prefer the sound of silence?

Usually TV is on.

Honored Contributor

Re: When you're at home do you have background noise on (TV, Music, Sound Machine)

I prefer classical music or silence.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When you're at home do you have background noise on (TV, Music, Sound Machine)

Like you, HollyDays, my tv is usually on.

Honored Contributor

I've always wondered ...... Why do people have to have constant noise ..... I can't imagine never turning the noise off!

Give me silence every time ..... such calm comes from peace and quiet.

Respected Contributor

Usually I prefer silence because everyone else likes noise. So when I'm home alone I enjoy the quiet.

Respected Contributor

I treasure the sound of silence.

Honored Contributor

TV is on for whatever reason. Music is on in my car ... background ""silence"" for me. Do I hear it ? No. Just stuff.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I have background sounds only when I want them, but then again sometimes my felines overrule me.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I listen to audiobooks, sometimes some opera or talk radio.

Honored Contributor

I prefer total silence when I'm home alone. My husband turns his TV on as soon as he gets up in the morning, and watches westerns and game shows until noon, more westerns until the evening news, and his favorite night time shows, or movies until bedtime. The shooting and loud music drives me nuts. He was out and gone from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. today, and I enjoyed peace and quiet!