Esteemed Contributor

When you post about the weather -

please post a general location.  Not just the state! 

"Snowing in Texas." doesn't tell you much info!  Thanks.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When you post about the weather -

Some people don't feel comfortable giving an area where they live, and they shouldn't be faulted for that.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Some people don't feel comfortable giving an area where they live, and they shouldn't be faulted for that.

I agree 100%.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

While I get that, if you want to talk about the weather were you live.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I am guilty of both just saying Texas and sometimes East Texas.  This morning again enjoying leaving my windows at home open for much cooler weather.  But tomorrow for several days I will be back to running the air conditioning.  All sunny though!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I am glad just to get the state mentioned,  I understand some don't want to get too specific about their location.  

What I don't get is talking about the weather and not giving any location at all.  I do not remember where all these posters live.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Absolutely correct, and no one should be asked. We're supposed to enjoy privacy here, and being pressed to reveal where you live compromises that. No one needs to know where you're reporting the weather from, and it's none of their business.

Respected Contributor

Them just mentioning their state is good enough for me.

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Absolutely correct, and no one should be asked. We're supposed to enjoy privacy here, and being pressed to reveal where you live compromises that. No one needs to know where you're reporting the weather from, and it's none of their business.

I so agree.

Esteemed Contributor

Many posters prefer to remain more private and that is completely their right.  The radar on the weather site is wonderful to check on what is coming your way.