Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: When you can expect the first SNOW of the season

I'm in Colorado Springs and we usually see our first measurable snow (0.1 inches has to stick to the ground)  towards the end of October. However, snowflakes might be seen earlier than that but it doesn't officially count as 'the first snow'.

Honored Contributor

I hope it never snows here in Seattle and that it all stays in our mountains----but we usually get a snow event a couple times during the winter. Not a fan of snow-------

Honored Contributor

Too soon for me here in Chicago.  Probably sometime in November.  I don't mind the cold but hate the snow even though I don't have to shovel it or drive in it.  But it can make walking treacherous.  Fortunately in the 7 winters we've been here the snow has not been a problem.  Hope I didn't jinx myself--LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SoX 

October 31, 2022.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@SoX 

October 31, 2022.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

Well alrighty then ... Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

There are flurries is Chicagolands before Halloween or on, the weather here the last week has been perfect.   Nov 15 winter does start to set in, many times  we do have had several weeks of mild winter weather in Dec. but come January we have to be seriously ready.  But for the warm states I guess mild is a relative term.

Respected Contributor

@SoX   Unfortunately, probably the 12th.....of never.....LOL   Have yet to see snow myself.  Born & raised in South Florida.  Hopefully someday I can vacation somewhere during the winter months.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

cannot wait!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Call me crazy but I'll never adjust to living in FL.

No change of seasons just hot and disgustingly humid everyday.

Bring on the snow was my joy living in NJ my whole life.  That's when you'd light the fireplace, snuggle with a great book or make something comforting for dinner.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  Yes, to all of it!  Lived in NJ all my life (still do) and, although there are things about NJ I would change, the seasons are not one of them.  Love the fall/winter months with cozy fires in the fireplace, warm smells coming from the kitchen and snuggling on the sofa with a good book or a movie.  Simply the best!  Love it!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!