Honored Contributor

Re: When you are offered a coupon / discount on something you buy all the time by Email....

No, my storage space is limited.

Respected Contributor

Re: When you are offered a coupon / discount on something you buy all the time by Email....

Toilet paper....for some reason I like to have at least one extra giant Costco brand TP in my basement as back up!  Husband doesn't get it but he is ok with it LOL!

Also I kinda feel that way about my eyebrow pencil and foundation....I just got the trio set of YBF from HSN...so I have 3 extra right now....and 2 foundations....Revlon Colorstay just in case they cancel the shade!  

Oh and my face wash from Paula's choice....I do order on sale and get 4 or 5 so I only purchase every yr or more this way.  

As for other groceries ....not really for some reason nothing else I can think of sends a feeling of panic setting in that I don't have any left LOL!

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Toilet paper....for some reason I like to have at least one extra giant Costco brand TP in my basement as back up!  Husband doesn't get it but he is ok with it LOL! 

Maybe we are related?  I do keep a stockpile of Costco TP.

Honored Contributor

Yes when I have CVS extra bucks and coupons on paper products, toothpaste and deodorant.  I do NOT want to run low on these things.  Maybe an extra vitamin or something like that.

I too am trying to get rid of excess items, so I am not doing that as much as I used to.  What will I stock upon? Ground beef (the GOOD stuff); frozen whole chickens; salmon; shrimp.  Those things we will use.   And we have a freezer in the garage.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

Maybe we are related?  I do keep a stockpile of Costco TP.

LOL we will be in the store and husband is looking at me saying "do we really need to get 2 of them?" LOL YES one to use now and one for back up!!  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

do you stock up even though you are not really low or out?  I always do. 

Yes, I do but only on items that I know we use a lot of...cereal, ketchup, mustard, etc.

Honored Contributor

The coupons I see lately, ie, 25 cents off 2 items aren't worth clipping!

I do take advantage though of coupons I can use on BOGOs only if I'll use the product in a short period because I was shocked when I donated (during my kitchen remodel) 3 grocery bags of pantry canned goods & staples.  (None were expired but I bought on BOGO).

I don't stock up anymore.  

Honored Contributor

NO...no longer buy excess and know exactly what is in my kitchen.  I don't want extras...I have one spare of highly used items in the cupboards.  I've extended my pantry and have shelves of plastic boxes labeled (my husband bought me a labeler) that says nuts, grains, seeds, etc.  So I can see at a glance if I'm low on anything.

I prepare all of our food, really don't like to eat out so we do have a lot of produce and pantry items.   I'd have a grocery store if I bought multiples.  I'm working on minimizing not gathering.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

With items with no expiration dates, and we use?  Why not is my motto, and the answer is Yes!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

If I buy all the time, definitely.