Honored Contributor

Re: When warm weather arrives what are you

@nova wrote:

@Spurt   The flowers you pictured were as beautiful as anything I've seen .  I didn't even know part of Texas was desert.  I hope you are blessed with many colorful flowers this spring.  You brightened my day with the photos.  Nothing competes with the beauty of nature!

@nova 

You are so right, nothing can compete with the beauty of nature....

Texas is a big state. from acentral point it takes us 6 1/2 to get to north Texas/Dallas area, and 3 hours to get to Houston in East Texas, 2 hours to get to coast,  6 hours to get to West Texas desert

Here's Big Bend National Park in West Texas...

Image result for big bend national park

And here's our "coast"...really the gulf of mexico

Image result for padre island national seashore

Image result for padre island national seashore

Texas Hill country

Image result for texas hill country

AUSTIN

Related image

Austins famous bats

Image result for austin texas congress bridge bats

north texas

Image result for north texas scenery

dallas

Related image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

When the warm weather arrives, I am sad. To those who say they love Winter, I am with you! Had snow today here and it was beautiful. Perfect snow - did not stick to the roads or driveway so no shoveling which was great! Had the fireplace going, drank hot cocoa, and watched the birds at the feeder from inside. Love wearing my cozy sweaters and leggings. I dread the hot and humid summer that will come soon enough. The older I get, the less I seem to be able to handle the heat. Give me the cool weather anytime!

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Spurt How lovely!  I remember former first lady Ladybird Johnson had her wildflower program to beautify America. I thought that was a terrific thing,she was a gracious First Lady.

@MoJoV 

You are so right! Ladybird started the wildflower program....Im so grateful she did!

In the Texas Hill country they have a Texas Wild Seed Farm... and you can tour the Johnson's ranch

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Cleaning up my yard. I shoveled heavy wet snow and slush today. I think we got about 4 inches of snow between yesterday and the night before. I hate the snow already!

Honored Contributor

Going to the beach (DE) and walking in the sand without wearing a heavy coat and boots!

SANDALS! - Guess I'd better get a pedicure next week! Smiley Wink

@Spurt - Your beautiful pictures brought back so many memories. We used to take pictures and videos of DD standing and playing in the middle of fields like that, in the middle of all of the Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush - in the Hill Country. I miss Texas. 

DS worked at Big Bend last year over spring break with a group from his college. He wanted to go back this year (their break was this past week), just to enjoy the park without working, but he couldn't find anyone who wanted to go with him. He didn't make it home, though. Too much going on for him in his senior year. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

This will be my first "retired" spring and summer --- and I can't wait!

I want to be able to sit out on the patio and have morning coffee and just relax and watch the birds and squirrels, etc. --- and know that I don't have to be any place at any certain time!  

I love flowers and it's always a very happy time when DH and I can go and pick out a few things to plant and then watch as they continue to bloom and grow throughout the season!

Also something fun to look forward to is making more of our meals outside on the grill!  Nothing fancy == but everything tastes better outside and on the grill!

And lastly, going for drives --- just getting in the car and meandering -- whever we end up, we end up!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Finally going for my daily morning walks!! Oh how I miss doing that. I can only walk on my treadmill so much. Our 5 feet of snow, that's on the ground now, is certainly going to take awhile to melt this year. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Spending time outdoors.  No bundling up when going out.  Warmer and hopefully dry weather.  Walking with my dog.  Usually I walk with her nearly every day but with all the snow and ice we have only walked 4 times this winter.  Playing with her in the yard and reading on my deck.  I love the sun and warmth on my skin.  

Esteemed Contributor

I always look forward to changing my closets.Buying new clothes for the season.

Honored Contributor

Opening the windows, wearing flip-flops, shorts and capri pants!