Honored Contributor

Husband went to the grocery when it opened this morning.  Bread shelves were empty, along with all the other common items being hoarded now.  Busier than normal for this time of morning (we always go early to avoid crowds).  

Trusted Contributor

I've been home for the past 2 weeks.  My daughter did grocery shopping for me so I can stay inside.  I do think people are taking this seriously, finally.  The governer of N. Y. was just on CNN and said the predictions are 40 to 60% of the population would most likely get the virus.  That is scary.

Honored Contributor

I went to the store on Friday and not since. I need to go later this week and hope they are restocked. Some warmer Spring weather this week so I will get outside.  Been doing alot of chores inside lately!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

My plans have changed ....

Over the weekend - two meetings this week were cancelled.

This morning - my physical therapy was cancelled this week.

The grocery store is just down the street, the deli is around the corner, and Walgreens is around the other corner.  My package service is around the corner from Walgreens.  Church is two blocks away.

I have to stop by Church tomorrow morning to pick up some papers to be typed up and distributed via email.

I'll probably stop at the grocery store on the way home - just some perishables (fruit, salad, milk - and I used the last of my CoffeeMate Italian Sweet Cream this morning). 

I have plenty of staples on hand.  I made a big batch of sausage and penne yesterday(delcious!) - for a couple of days' dinner.  I made an extra batch of "breakfast potatoes" this morning - so I'm good for tomorrow's breakfast.  

If I need something quickly (or I forgot - milk / bread / etc.) .... I can just "run" around the corner to the Deli.  I was in Walgreens on Saturday and they were re-stocking all the shelves.  I don't think I need anything from there.  I'm the only one living here and I have plenty of "paper goods."

I'm expecting some packages from Amazon ... when they come in I'll go pick them up.  Nothing important coming ... just some miscellaneous stuff.  The "good stuff" I ordered arrived Saturday.

Otherwise - I have two rather involved Church-related projects that need to be done this week.  All my cancellations have freed up time so I have more than enough time to finsh my projects.

As you can tell .... I live a really exciting life here in NYC!   Smiley Wink  Smiley Wink  Smiley Wink  

Honored Contributor

I had to go to the clinic this morning for a necessary blood draw, they had sanitizer all over--at the entrance, on all tables, and next to the coffee maker.

The staff were all wonderful.

Then I went to the bank (used drive thru of course) because I wanted to have available cash.

Then I got gas (wore gloves).

Will now stay in until it is safe to venture out.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't plan to go to a store until this is over.  Seniors have been advised to stay home.  @SeaMaiden   You're so careful bringing in the newspaper but you'd actually go to a germ-pit store?  I'm doing delivery or grocery pick up only.

@Kachina624     Yes, I would risk it to do my own shopping.  Sounds stupid huh?

@SeaMaiden    I would 100% agree with you.  It's very ill-advised when you have alternatives.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman    You're going to risk your life because one grocery store worker is temporarily over-wirked and stressed?  Does that seem wise to you?  You may only be going to one place but it only takes one to expose you to the virus.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    After reading your schedule, I concur with those who say, "Some people just don't get it".

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ALRATIBA    After reading your schedule, I concur with those who say, "Some people just don't get it".

That was rude, people have a life, people need to stay busy.  There is no need to sit staring at a wall (or even worse the TV) as long as precautions are taken. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy I respectfully disagree, keeping busy today with a schedule with many exposures can spread the virus.