Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Nobody needs to go out unless they must.  Use a delivery service, to a pickup, etc. if you are at all able to. Good grief.  DO NOT EXPOSE YOURSELF OR OTHER PEOPLE IF YOU CAN AT ALL AVOID IT.

Panic and fear are tools used to control a population.

@CrazyDaisy, ah, so that's what it's all about. And here I naively thought we were battling a pandemic.

Well, I'm going to show them that nobody controls this woman. I am going to immerse myself in crowds just for the heck of it. Party on!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have not left the house since last Tuesday.  I think I will wait until wednesday or so before going out... give the stores time to restock as much as they can after the weekend. Just stay home...go for a nice dog walk... weather this week is going to be lovely with sun and 50 degree temps. 

What are YOUR plans for this week? 

Having delivery from our market; plus, our daughter is helping. For those who apparently think that I'm selfish because so many others have no choice but to work, I wonder what you suggest my husband and I (in the vulnerable group who have been told to stay in) should do instead.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm 64yo and I know I should stay home. But I have no choice but to do my own grocery shopping at the stores. I am here alone. Delivery and pick-up services are booked solid and no times slots are available. I plan on being at Walmart this Sunday, before they open at 5am, and hope I can find what I need. Last Sunday the shelves were bare, including a lot of pet food items. I am not looking forward to it at all. There will be a long line of people there waiting in the dark, I can be sure of that.

Just so you are aware, Walmart and most grocery stores have changed stores hours to 6am to midnight so they can stock shelves.