Honored Contributor

Re: When this (virus) and all is all over with, I wonder what the discussions will be like.

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

I don't think anything will change. Something will else will be the headlines, we'll forget about it (for the most part) and old habits will become the norm.

You know, you make me want to put something on my calendar 6 months down the road.  I may do that and revisit the things we're learning now and just see where we're at.  My gosh, I hope we've learned things and made some positive steps forward. 

Honored Contributor

Re: When this (virus) and all is all over with, I wonder what the discussions will be like.

I think there will be a lot to talk about concerning the economy and how it was affected by the virus crises.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer 

You said:

<<Well I wonder - if it turns out that many less than died in the H1N1 emergency die in this one - if there will be any consequences to those who created the panic.>>

What kind of "wondering" is  that?  Are you looking for someone to blame and suffer "consequences" for the virus and the response to it by people and  countries around the world?

How about tending to your own needs in terms of dealing with it and not look elsewhere for someone to blame? 

What would you gain from any "consequences" if they were to occur?  And what could those consequences actually be?

I'm thinking everyone is trying to protect themselves and protect others, but maybe I'm missing something here.  Perhaps definitions differ when it comes to the "panic" you  mentioned.

Honored Contributor

It would be nice if kids said they liked having the family gathered around the dinner table, and parents continued family game nights. However, I expect tensions and money concerns will escalate, with a lot of finger pointing happening.

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@Isobel Archer 

You said:

<<Well I wonder - if it turns out that many less than died in the H1N1 emergency die in this one - if there will be any consequences to those who created the panic.>>

What kind of "wondering" is  that?  Are you looking for someone to blame and suffer "consequences" for the virus and the response to it by people and  countries around the world?

How about tending to your own needs in terms of dealing with it and not look elsewhere for someone to blame? 

What would you gain from any "consequences" if they were to occur?  And what could those consequences actually be?

I'm thinking everyone is trying to protect themselves and protect others, but maybe I'm missing something here.  Perhaps definitions differ when it comes to the "panic" you  mentioned.

Creating an unnecessry panic - as I believe is happening - has terrible consequences for the economy - much worse than is being discussed by the press.  People are losing their jobs, small businesses will go under, some will succumb to depression and even suicide - especially as people are being seperated from family in nursing homes, hospitals, and in their own homes,  people will go hungry - especially the elderly and children.  Food pantries are already in distress.  Charities are seeing significant decreases in giving.  I could go on an on.

And so far 92 people have died of the virus.  I've gone over and over on how the numbers are NOT adding up so far - despite the "science" saying the "will"

Yes I think there should be consequences for those who did this.

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer 

Oh well, good luck finding the person or persons responsible for the alleged "panic".

All this time, I thought it was caused by a contagious and potentially deadly virus, not by humans.

Thanks for letting me know I was wrong. 

Let the public  know when you catch the perpetrator.

Valued Contributor

@Isobel Archer As you know, I totally appreciate your opinions on all of this b/c you make a bunch of great VALID points! Please ignore those who would rather be sarcastic and snarky instead of tactfully having a discussion. I don't want you to stop posting your opinions b/c your positivity helps! thank you

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

Thank you @BrandiDavis , there was nothing useful in comment #56 except to berate another poster. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with some posts but no need to tie into someone.