Honored Contributor

When responding & quoting- what's with the weird text fading?

I don't really know how to explain this, but in the past few days, if I'm reading a post with a quoted post in it, the quoted part is showing up in much lighter print than my response.

If someone is responding to something that has two quoted posts in it, the first quoted post is REALLY light, the 2nd quoted post is light and then the final person's post is in normal "strength".

If you want an example, look at the "Merry Christmas Not!" thread, post #68.  That's an example of what I'm talking about.

I'm on my Mac this morning, but last night I was on my ipad and when looking at any thread with quoted posts in it, some of them were showing up so light in color saturation that I could barely read the quoted stuff.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Re: When responding & quoting- what's with the weird text fading?

[ Edited ]
Yep. I am on an iPad and also have "old eyes." I just have to skip the quoted information in some posts because it is so light. I am not too concerned because I figure it eventually will be fixed as the board evolves.
Honored Contributor

Yes, the oldest post in the quote is almost invisible.  I hope that will change at some point.

Honored Contributor

Thanks!  I feel so much better now- LOL.  I thought maybe it was just my eyes.  I think this faded text thing must be a recently added feature- like in the last several days.  I didn't notice it when they first changed the boards.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Since the change, it's looked like that. 

When I access the board through my iphone, it looks totally different.  Each quote is seperated by a solid line.  And the thread titles are in a nice teal blue color. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
I have the same problem on the iPad, plus the last reply will sometimes be really tiny, as well as faded.

I still have difficulty posting a reply sometimes. The screen jumps to the report message box repeatedly Smiley Sad

The iPhone display sounds perfect.
Honored Contributor

The old "box" format was much easier to read.  Also easier to see the separation between your response and the post you were quoting.

When I remember, I put a line between them as some here have suggested.  

Respected Contributor

It's intentional, because so many objected to the "quotes of quotes of quotes" format of the previous board.  IMO this isn't the ideal way to address the issue, because you still have to scroll down through allllll the quoted posts to get to what the replier is saying.  But it does make it easier to know who is saying what.  If you can read it at all Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

It's intentional, because so many objected to the "quotes of quotes of quotes" format of the previous board.  IMO this isn't the ideal way to address the issue, because you still have to scroll down through allllll the quoted posts to get to what the replier is saying.  But it does make it easier to know who is saying what.  If you can read it at all Smiley Tongue

Yes, this.

One thing I REALLY like about the new forums is that it's easy to get RID of some of the quotes. On the old forum, if I wanted to reply to a post that quoted 4 others, it was very difficult for me to remove the 3 posts that weren't relevant. That's what really led to the huge strings of quoted posts. Now I can quote that post, delete the 3 older quotes, and reply to the relevant part.That's a huge improvement and will help get rid of some of those long quote stacks.

Respected Contributor

The faded quotes are very weird!Smiley Frustrated