Respected Contributor

Re: When posting a review on clothing, PLEASE........

@Puppy Lips wrote:

One of the Denim and Co. tops I bought recently had many reviews that it ran small.  So I sized up.  Well, it was too big on me.  I sent it back for an exchange, but my size/color was sold out.

So, the only thing I want to read in reviews is like @noodleann said.  I want to know the weight of the fabric, what it feel like, how it washes, and how well it was made.  

For the fit, I go by what it looks like on the models, my previous experience with that designer, and the online measurements.  If the online measurements don't match what I got, then I send it back as defective and expect a full refund.  I am not talking about small differences.  But it it is off by an inch or two, that can make a big difference for me in the fit.  If the customers keep insisting that the online info matches their clothing, maybe QVC will insist on that too from their manufacturers.

@Puppy Lips, Years ago they used to do that. QVC had fit models and all the vendors had to make their garments according to the QVC measurements for each size. In their quality assurance they would randomly pick garments and measure them to make sure the vendors were doing it right. They would show a video of all the work being done behind the scenes to ensure quality.  When they changed owners all standards went out the window. The videos disappeared too along with the variety of clothing offered and the quality. Woman Sad

Super Contributor

Yes!    Took 4 weeks to receive:  1 star          Never received item:    1 star    I'm actually surprised you can even leave a review, if you've never received the item.

My other favorites:    Didn't look good on me.  I'm petite and it's way too long:   1 star.

Garment measurements are listed.  If you're a petite, don't order a tunic that is 30" long, or pants with a 30" inseam.

Trusted Contributor

I have to agree I've read more than my share of some of the most useless, some even unrelated product reviews.  I've seen my share of product reviews not even for the product it's under.  I've overlooked products that had a 1 star only to find out when I did actually check back the one star is because they didn't like the way the color looked on the TV screen!  As far as people giving body descriptions I know some people are sensitive about giving out their weight, height etc.  No one knows you under those reviews.  Please reconsider..  I have a large bust line 42DDD, when someone tells me their bust measurement or says they are busty and the buttons pull I love them for it!!  I go by the bust measurments on all tops.  I'm short so length means the difference between a T-shirt being a dress or a shirt :-)  Acurate, descriptive real life descriptions mean alot.  How a shirt feels against the skin is somewhat subjective, but when you get a yellow shirt that isn't yellow but more a mustard that can make a big difference to someone.  I do wish those that want to complain about the delivery or price would go to the forum for that instead of down grading the item because of that.  It's not the item's fault the delivery was slow.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

One of the Denim and Co. tops I bought recently had many reviews that it ran small.  So I sized up.  Well, it was too big on me.  I sent it back for an exchange, but my size/color was sold out.

So, the only thing I want to read in reviews is like @noodleann said.  I want to know the weight of the fabric, what it feel like, how it washes, and how well it was made.  

For the fit, I go by what it looks like on the models, my previous experience with that designer, and the online measurements.  If the online measurements don't match what I got, then I send it back as defective and expect a full refund.  I am not talking about small differences.  But it it is off by an inch or two, that can make a big difference for me in the fit.  If the customers keep insisting that the online info matches their clothing, maybe QVC will insist on that too from their manufacturers.

@Puppy Lips, Years ago they used to do that. QVC had fit models and all the vendors had to make their garments according to the QVC measurements for each size. In their quality assurance they would randomly pick garments and measure them to make sure the vendors were doing it right. They would show a video of all the work being done behind the scenes to ensure quality.  When they changed owners all standards went out the window. The videos disappeared too along with the variety of clothing offered and the quality. Woman Sad

@tiny 2 Wow, I did not know any of that - that there used to be videos of all the work and such.  I know I wear two different sizes depending on the vendor.  It was a bit of trial and error (and expense on my part.)

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Curlstotame    All that information should be given by the hosts and also be in the description on the website.  After all, QVC has the garment and they should know all about it.

You are right......the operative word in your post is "should".  The information I and others are looking for "should" be given by the hosts.  But the reality is they often do not do it.  On occasion Leah gives great detail.  And sometimes Carolyn.  But it's not consistent.  So therefore,  I thought I would put out a request to the QVC customer and reviewer.  

Trusted Contributor

There  are so many reviews that are useless.  You really have to read between the lines, and then decide for yourself.  Then there are the ones who are describing an entirely different item!  That is really frustrating!  When I review something, I always name the item I'm reviewing, and the color and size I ordered.  I also say if the item fit true to my QVC size, or if I had to go up or down a size, especially when it comes to shoes.  

Super Contributor

You should see how nebulous beauty reviews can get.

Honored Contributor

@Curlstotame wrote:

Give us more information than "you wore it for date night",  "you purchased it for a wedding", "you get lots of compliments when you wear it", etc.  That tells us nothing about the fit, the fabric, if you needed to size up or down. If it was too short or too long.    If I'm looking at the item, I already have an idea of where I'm going to wear it or what occasion I'm purchasing it for.  I need information concerning how the item fits.  A description of your height, body type and if you don't mind, your weight (no one knows who you are, don't be embarrassed) so I can make a comparisons to my height, weight and body type.    I find the majority of reviews of clothing are not very helpful.  And with shipping costs both ways you spend a fortune to get it, try it on and send it back.  With a more detailed description of how the item fits your body, and a description of your body, the more we can cut down on expensive shipping costs.   It's frustration to read a string of review and still not know how the garment fits.  Thank you so much.  🤗p

@Curlstotame 

Sorry, but I don't expect customers to do QVC's job for them.  Information on fabric and measurements are available online, so look them up.  What fits one woman perfectly won't fit another, even with their feedback.  

BTW ....  this thread would be better placed in the fashion section where clothing is discussed in detail.    JMO

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree about mentioning weight/height or maybe even body type.  "It fits great" on one person might be too tight for me.  Even so, I am often amazed when I read that someone who is 2 inches shorter and 15-20 pounds heavier than I am, is wearing a Small and I wear a Large!  Are they more toned than I am? (No doubt! 😂).   Like to wear clothes tighter than I do?  Smaller in bust/waist than I am?

I'm an "apple;" thicker in the middle with smaller hips and thinner legs, so I appreciate knowing if a reviewer is also that body type.

Honored Contributor

Yes, good idea.

And, I'm always interested in the rise; how high/near the belly button the waistband sits.

I've been noticing that those more detailed size charts featuring the rise, etc. aren't showing on the items I've searched.

They do show a simple 'Size Chart', but not the detailed one. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).