@SoX: "It's always something!" ...Roseanne Roseannadanna

LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!! Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

When I walk by our 15 year old oven, stovetop, microwave, dryer and our 13 year old washer, I just about double d dog dare them. 

@gidgetgh: My 24 year old gas wall oven died the end of November. An electrical surge blew out the control panel, breaking the oven, and causing a continuous loud buzzing.

Since most people don't want 24 inch single wall ovens any more, they only make 2 brands in stainless steel that would fit into the existing space. (My old one was black). The one I liked better was backordered for 3 weeks, then another 3.

So, 6 weeks with a buzzing, non-working oven, and l finally got the new one delivered and installed last week. I don't expect this one to last 24 years, lol.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh...been there, done that. It sucks. (((Hugs))). 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Hey, girlfriend, if it makes you feel any better, just about everything, including major things!, is broken/not working at my house these days.  Including the furnace!

Good thing I have an excellent Holmes space heater in my bedroom.   This is among other major problems!  OY!

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@gidgetgh ...

Gilda Radner comes to mind ... 

@SoX: "It's always something!" ...Roseanne Roseannadanna

LOL

@handygal2

Brings back great memories .... LOL 

Honored Contributor

when it rains it pours.

going thru this with my son in law health problems (very serious to say the least).

no sooner get one problem cleared up, something else crops up.

Respected Contributor

@viva923when things break we can fix or replace them but health issues is another story. Hope things get better for him. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  It's called life and sometimes it rains in buckets!  I am retired and I rent because I don't want the stress of replacing any major appliances or heat/air.  It sounds like you are good now for 10 to 12 years.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@gidgetgh

Just with regard to eyeglasses, I just ordered (and received) prescription lenses for less than $90.

Mine were sunglasses, so it may be that regular glasses would be less.

I got them from the Prive Revaux site, which I learned about from a QVC presentation for the sunglasses they sell here.

I am very happy with them.  They would have cost hundreds at any local eyeglass store.

If you don't mind, how does that work?  Do you have your eyes examined and send the prescription to that company to have the glasses made?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam