Regular Contributor

@suzyQ3 

So sorry to hear that your family is dealing with this.  I'm to pass this suggestion along and maybe it will help.

If someone can get them Canada Dry Tonic Water w/ quinine--the bottle with the yellow label.  (Not diet).  If they drink 2L over the next couple of days, it will help with their symptoms. 

Please look up "what is quinine tonic water?"  It will pull up an article from Medical News Today giving more details on what it is, what it is used for, side effects and who can/can't take it.  Caution: it tastes awful.  This tonic water is used to treat malaria.  If your daughter's family tries it, let me know how it goes.

Esteemed Contributor

SuzyQ - prayers and good thoughts for your family. Trusting all will be well soon.

Image result for heart meme

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3  Prayers for a quick recovery for your daughter and her family. 

Honored Contributor
I am sorry you and your family are having to deal with this awful virus. I pray everyone who is sick will recover right away...and that you will have the strength and comfort to get through this.
Trusted Contributor

Re: When it hits home

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3,

Oh no!  I'm so sorry to read about your daughter and her family.  This whole thing just gets crazier and crazier.  I hope their recovery is quick and easy.

Trusted Contributor

@roeroe1005 You and your family are in my prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 

Im sorry to hear this. I'm sure it is so worrisome as a mother and grandmother to hear this. But it sounds as if they are young and healthy and will recover quickly. Please keep us posted as to their progress. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Re: When it hits home

[ Edited ]

They seem to be doing well today! I hope that continues, especially given that my grandson started having a fever again yesterday.

Again, please take every possible precaution you can. Do more good than harm is my mantra.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

They seem to be doing well today! I hope that continues, especially given that my grandson started having a fever again yesterday.

Again, please take every possible precaution you can. Do more good than harm is my mantra.

Awesome news to hear!!  I hope all have a full and speedy recoveryWoman Happy

Esteemed Contributor
  Is  @Forbidden Fruit wrote:

@suzyQ3 

So sorry to hear that your family is dealing with this.  I'm to pass this suggestion along and maybe it will help.

If someone can get them Canada Dry Tonic Water w/ quinine--the bottle with the yellow label.  (Not diet).  If they drink 2L over the next couple of days, it will help with their symptoms. 

Please look up "what is quinine tonic water?"  It will pull up an article from Medical News Today giving more details on what it is, what it is used for, side effects and who can/can't take it.  Caution: it tastes awful.  This tonic water is used to treat malaria.  If your daughter's family tries it, let me know how it goes.

@Forbidden Fruit 

Where did you get this information?  hydroxychloroquine is the anti malaria drug being investigated as a treatment for COVID19-19.  It is similar to quinine, but not the exact same thing. One would have to drink a HUGE amount of tonic water to get a therapeutic dose in any case.  Tonic water is not a treatment for the virus.  SMH

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett