Honored Contributor

Re: When it comes to royal families.......

I don't have a fascination with the royals, but the people in the picture are very nice looking and the baby is beautiful. I guess some people like to fantasize about what it would be like to be royality, but the reality is most royals got where they are on the backs of the poor. I guess that's another idea for a thread though.

Respected Contributor

muttmom:   I enjoyed your post and pictures and honestly was surprised that people don't know what the expression 'second to none' means.

With all of the publicity the British royal family gets, I agree that this family is right there with them.  They look lovely and happy on their special occasion.

Trusted Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Prince Nicolas was christened today. Princess Madeleine is gorgeous and her husband is not too bad either.  Their little girl is beautiful.

These are wonderful pictures.

I love seeing them, especially with so much sadness happening in the world. They look so happy, and they are a really handsome couple, She is very beautiful, and he is very handsome, and their children are adorable.

Thanks for posting! Heart

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I didn't realize that pointy-toed pumps were still popular (lady following in first picture).

It's a classic style that never goes out of style.

Honored Contributor

Charming to my eyes! Christened in the National Church of Sweden?

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the fascination some Americans have with royal families from other countries. They have nothing to do with us, they don't even rule these countries anymore, but are just a figurehead , like the British royals. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nice pictures !

Thanks for posting them.
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I don't understand the fascination some Americans have with royal families from other countries. They have nothing to do with us, they don't even rule these countries anymore, but are just a figurehead , like the British royals. 

You enjoy camping; I enjoy reading about the (history of) Royals.  It is not necessary for me to understand your likes nor is necessary for you to understand mine.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Maybe people have fascination with "royal families" IS because we don't have them here. 

Esteemed Contributor

Jmo, but I'd rather see these pics than those of the K family, the housewives and others just being famous for bad or outrageous behavior. To me those people are sloppy seconds.